cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting stuff about fracking back east. I believe they are friends of the spotted owl (-:

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-farmers-fracking-means-salvation-172824368.html
Mark Bass

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Mark,
Don't call or go to the Carrizo Springs yard. Go to the Whitsett yard and speak directly with Jamie, you will have a better chance that way.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Mark, GGS has at least a couple of solo gate guards that I know of. One man took over our old gate a couple of months ago when we moved to the new location. Each job would be 3-5 days while the rig was moving and would be little or no night traffic.
Sorry to hear about Missy. Hope she is feeling better real soon.
Thank you for the kind thoughts. I'll check with GGS.
Mark Bass

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
mdbass wrote:
Hey Don/Shar-just went through the whole fracking and sand truck deal plus we threw in a rig move! Significant other is taking time off for personal issues, so I am looking for solo work in the interim. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

Mark, GGS has at least a couple of solo gate guards that I know of. One man took over our old gate a couple of months ago when we moved to the new location. Each job would be 3-5 days while the rig was moving and would be little or no night traffic.
Sorry to hear about Missy. Hope she is feeling better real soon.

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
Building a new pad here for 2 wells....we have had 4 days of calechie trucks about 140 loads a day, at least they did stop about 6 everynight.
Drill rig will start to move in starting tomorrow. By the time they are through drilling and be ready for the Frac we will be leaving. June 25 we are out of here. Going back to Indiana to celebrate our 50th with the family.
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
Every gate we have been on has been "different"!!! Some went smooth and fast and others had to wait for 3 months to get fracked and now this one well 3 is taking over 2 months after fracking to get flowback, reworked, flowback, reworked and now flowback again and then probably have to have a pump put on it to produce. So loaded or not...it is the oil business...when you make the right calls the $$$$ are BIG when you make a wrong move the $$$$$ go into a hole that may never produce!!! Some RAT must have dug that one. LOL

Well, we are getting short...plan to leave the morning of the 28th of May and looks like production will take another few weeks to months just on what 3 wells they have now. At least the pipeline and site crew only work days. Tankers hauling the crude...Well, we all know how that is....never know what time or how many!!!

So if anyone wants a good gate..."now" should be normal....and stay for a couple of months at least let Roger know you might be interested in the Hardin Ranch for 28 May!!!! This is 5 miles West of Dilley on an ALL WEATHER ROAD....takes all kinds of weather from mud to dust and rocks! The gate IS NOT dusty...like many.

Or PM me and I will ask Roger if he has anyone and if you could be considered. Would be a nice "starter" gate for someone....

Like the ARMY...getting SHORT...8 days and a wake-up!!!:B:C:B
RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

rverrich
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Bob, that is a loaded answer too, lol.
Richard Houston
95 American Eagle

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Rich, that is a loaded question...LOL. It all depends on the oil company and how they run their gates. The actual drilling will take anywhere from 28 to 60 days, then the post drilling activities can take another 4-8 weeks, per pad. Some close up and move on, some stay on site till completion, some move to another pad, etc. I know of folks that have stayed on the same drilling gate for 1ยฝ years and then some like us that asked to follow our rig, moved every 30-60 days.

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.

rverrich
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have any idea how long it would take for a single well completion job be done? Will they close the gate when they start the production? Any info is appreciated.
Richard Houston
95 American Eagle

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
When we started this gate, the plant was supposed to be operational on 1/6/12. Then it was moved up to 2/15 and on and on. Well, today is 5/18 and they are purging the lines with the expectation of selling gas tomorrow. Not bad, only 5 months behind schedule....LOL. We still have the dirt work to finish and then the fence and gate to install, so another 4-6 weeks is not out of the question......We'll take a construction gate anytime....:B...:B

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Don/Shar-just went through the whole fracking and sand truck deal plus we threw in a rig move! Significant other is taking time off for personal issues, so I am looking for solo work in the interim. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
Mark Bass

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
Well everyone play nice today and think of us once in a while, we have
over 45 calechie trucks coming in starting about 2 hours from now. Will be very busy for a couple days, but thats what we get paid the "BIG" bucks for. LOL
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
GGup wrote:
Here is a quick video that shows some of the steps to fracking.

Fracking

I found it of interest. Hope some of you do.

Thank you that was really neat, I had talked to the company man about the drilling and fracking but the video showed what goes on....thanks.
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a quick video that shows some of the steps to fracking.

Fracking

I found it of interest. Hope some of you do.
RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
Ohhhhboooy......Road is still muddy and a mess with Calieche trucks going to a ranch down the road and here comes the rain again !
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon