cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Inverter use

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
In the new rv's the refrigerators are connected in some way to an inverter. Can the TV also be attached to this same inverter?
11 REPLIES 11

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
Bob Vaughn wrote:
In the new rv's the refrigerators are connected in some way to an inverter. Can the TV also be attached to this same inverter?

Depending on on the coach, the tv is propably already on the inverter along with the microwave and other 110VAC outlets. At least my coach is.

Only thing I can't run is the water heater and the air conditioners

x2 In my 2012 motor home
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

MrWizard
Our inverter is 1250w
Start surge on the fridge is around 900w for a free milliseconds
The fridge draws about 100w running
We have some lighting, some small fans, the TV, PC, etc. ????
Nothing even blinks when the fridge cycles
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Worst case the inverter will give an overload error and shut down when the fridge starts.
No harm in trying it once. But I think it will work fine with no issues.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bob Vaughn wrote:

Yes. and if there is an inverter it very likely is.

HOWEVER... If the inverter is PRECISELY sized to the fridge (Not very likely) the TV may overload it.. Also not very likely

So the answer remains YES.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:

Depending on on the coach, the tv is propably already on the inverter along with the microwave and other 110VAC outlets. At least my coach is.

Only thing I can't run is the water heater and the air conditioners

jplante4 wrote:
It depends on the size of the inverter. Most coaches that hava a residential fridge have a 2000 or 3000 watt inverter and LED TVs don't draw that much, so, yeah.

Not so sure that "2000 or 3000" is typical. Our 5th wheel came standard with a residential fridge and dedicated 700 watt inverter. (We went with the RV fridge option because we like to dry camp occasionally.)
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
I have a factory installed 3000 watt inverter. All of the "outlet" circuits are connected. Also lighting and microwave.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
sure
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
The OP said he wanted the TV on the same inverter, not the same circuit.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe.
If the refrigerator is Plugged in to a traditional outlet (most likely) then the outlet is most likely energized by the inverter. If the TV is anywhere close to the outlet then a simple extension cord will get the job done. A test should be done with the refrigerator compressor running and the TV on to make sure you do not overload the circuit. With a modern TV I think it unlikely that would happen but the RV manufacturer may have just put in a large enough inverter to run the fridge with no reserve.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
It depends on the size of the inverter. Most coaches that hava a residential fridge have a 2000 or 3000 watt inverter and LED TVs don't draw that much, so, yeah.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox