cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having issues with our leveling system and started to wonder what others use for a level. Do you use a phone app? Carry a carpenters level? How long? Where do you place it? Counter, floor, dash?

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
24 REPLIES 24

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
I just use a simple $6 bullseye level

I try to get within half a bubble of level which is enough that the RV doesn't "feel" unlevel. I do have an absorption fridge so need to stay within a few degrees of level, but the real limiting factor is that water pools in the corner of the shower and/or kitchen sink if the RV is too far from level. (and it's opposite directions, the shower doesn't drain if the RV is tipped too far in one direction, the sink won't drain if the other direction)

I do a spot check on the dining table, then follow up with a check on the floor just case something knocked the dining room table off level.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a simple round bubble level placed on the floor between and behind the front seats. Easy to see from drivers seat.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try the dollar store for the cheapest level you can find.

3 degrees is 5" drop across a 8' wide RV, good for the refer and not so good for humans. For every 12" on the level 3 degrees is 0.6".
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a T Level,place it on the floor of the freezer compartment,works for me.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
And LP fridge will need to be 3 degrees or less level. 3 degrees is a lot of off-level which you will not be satisfied with, so for the fridge, if you feel it is level then the fridge is likely very happy. For you, if you are happy then it is level enough. I would suggest to get used to living every so slightly off-level if you camp a lot, this makes life easier. As long as the eggs dont run too far to one side of the frying pan you are level.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I have a pair of levels calibrated in inches with one attached to the dash and the other to the driver's side panel. They let me know quickly if I'll need any supplemental blocking under my automatic jacks and how much. I leveled manually using a carpenters level before attaching them.

RV Designer E401, Stick-On Level, 2 Per Pack
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
When I had a LP frig I used the level app in my iPhone and/or a round bubble level in the frig. Now that I have a compressor frig, if it feels close enough that I will not roll out of bed it is close enough. I cut the number of leaving boards in half from what I use to carry, I haven't used any so far.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I literally attached one of these level attached to the trim on my steering column.
I found a level spot to park, verified the rig was level on my stove top, and then used double sided tape to make this match what my carpenters level showed on the stove.
Now as I back in, I select my exact parking spot according to what this shows.
Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send you one, I have 3 extras.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If it looks level and feels level, it's level enough.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used a small carpenters level inside the fridge to set outside stick-on bubble levels. When they say Iโ€™m level I check the fridge again. Works!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad