cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for Texas storage facility

rvhippo
Explorer
Explorer
Could any Texas members offer any advice on trailer/truck storage anywhere within 1-2 hours of: Dallas / Houston / Austin?

My family is travelling around the country. I have a work assignment overseas and I was hoping to store my pickup truck and 33' travel trailer in the Texas area for about 6 months. Texas seems like a central location without hard freezes.

I was hoping for:

1) Dedicated RV storage. No construction equipment. No mini-storage. I'm worried about security and don't like the constant in-and-out of a combined storage facility.
2) Would like at least covered storage. Indoor storage even better.
3) Valet service rather than self-store. The less people wandering around the storage area, the more secure it is.
4) Electrical hookups for trickle charging.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

Again, you may want to look at the topic dates. This one is 8 years old.  I would suggest if you have a nice storage place to share, you post it in a new topic. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
I use this place in the Cypress, TX area (northwest side of Houston)
Safe Harbor RV Storage, 713-446-7030. It's very clean, well lighted, well maintained and secure. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
A Great Storage Place in Princeton Texas. About 20 miles Northeast from Dallas downtown. Recently expanded and doubled their number of covered spots. A few enclosed and some with trickle charge. All the rest are covered spots.

Website is agreatstorageplace.com.

I have my 5th wheel there for the last couple of years. I am covered in a 14ft x 40ft for $95 a month. Highly recommended. If you feel like mentioning my name I get a $50 credit. If you dont want to mention me dont let that stop you. It really is a great storage place. Locked gate and owners live on site.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
With Valet service, indoor this is about it National Indoor RV Center

Open your wallet.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Contact Travellers world in San Antonio, they have storage + it is a nice RV park.

navegator

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
It won't be cheap.

One in Lewisville - National Indoor RV Center just a few miles from DFW Airport. Don't know anyone who has used them.

One in Rockwall east of Dallas - Premier Park Place - a couple folks I know were happy with their storage, but as mentioned - it ain't cheap.

There are a few thousand covered RV storage spots in over 100 different locations/ companies around the DFW area. Very few offer electrical hookup capabilities.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Indoor storage will be hard to find because of the heat in the Summer, it would need to have A/C. There are a couple outdoor/covered storage places in the Fredericksberg area west of Austin. The largest one is SW of town near the airport. Sorry I don't recall the name..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS