cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Neskowin Creek RV Park membership

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Moderators feel free to move this if it's not.

After coming back from a RV show where we put our names into a drawing to win a generator, we were called saying we won a free one year membership to the Neskowin Creek RV park. The person on the phone kept saying, "this is a big deal", but would not mention what fees might be involved. We were told we'd also be given 3 nights free and a $25 gift card for Camping World for meeting at their office in Tigard.

I'm under the impression that "free" is going to be far from free and was wondering if anyone else has sat through this meeting and what the results were. I would plan to attend the meeting to collect on the 3 free nights, but refuse the "free" year membership. Feel free to pm.
20 REPLIES 20

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Neskowin Creek RV Resort is part of Sound Pacific Resorts.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

floyd_turbo
Explorer
Explorer
So, when I signed up I assumed that I had the chance to win all the products that were shown that someone would win. Then I was called and told that I won first draw and that I needed to come by (like a 130 mile drive) and get the details. I finally pressed the person calling me, after I posted here, about what I had actually won. I hadn't really won anything! Isn't this fraud? I will write to an attorney general again because I hate being suckered and ripped off and I'm sure other people do also. I went through a lot getting things taken care of in order to pick up my winnings and then I find out that I was scammed. I urge others to complain also.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Neskowin is owned & operated by one of the brothers in the family owned KM Resorts business operating out of Wa. state. I knew they had a new CG in Oregon that they bought but didn't know it was run under Sound Pacific. Maybe they do that for legal reasons?

If you want to find out what some members of KM think about them, do some googling. For starters, there are numerous complaints with the BBB. Note the common issues with complaints! If you come across positive reviews, be wary of who is posting them.

BBB (re: Sound Pacific)
BBB (re: Neskowin)
BBB (re: KM)

Don't believe any of Sound Pacific's or KM's total lies and BS. They hand out "free" memberships and swag at RV shows and places like CW all the time like candy. We used to see prospective new members being driven around the CG by a salesman (like we did) and getting sucked in and ripped off (like we did). Their only objective is to sell you a membership at the highest $$ they can get out of you. If you haven't done your due diligence beforehand on the internet, expect to get taken.

If you end up wanting to sell a membership with them, you almost have to give it away. We only got $850 for a membership in all their CGs in Wa. + Neskowin and had to compete against other sellers trying to dump theirs too. You can get them on CL for a fraction of what you'd pay if going through a salesman. Some of their CGs are the worst we've seen anywhere and are disgustingly bad for the amount you pay for a membership to get into them (like Columbia Shores at Chinook, Wa. for ex.).

BTW, when their salesman came to our house (to get us to pay more for an upgrade) he said they were in the process of partnering with Equity Lifestyle Properties and that their CGs would be putting in more rental cabins on RV sites because they make more money. Don't know if this is true or not or if it would've applied to Neskowin too. Can't believe a thing they say.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Yes
They are trying to sell you a membership.

Salesmanship like this is not the way Sound Pacific should be doing business. Or 1000 trails either.

They have a good product for the right person.

We use our membership quite a bit for not even being full timers. A free camp spot pays for the membership quickly if you use the service.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
We were at a Camping world in Burlington WA. and had the same thing happen with the same outfit. A draw for a generator and a call saying we won this big deal prize. We dropped by their promotion site and I just said cut the **** how much will it cost me. After a bunch of bull he told me $600. I told him I won nothing and he runs a scam. I wonder if anyone ever wins the generator?
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

floyd_turbo
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering about the drawing this year (2017) at Camping World in Wilsonville, OR. I entered a drawing there for a giveaway of lots of camping goods. At least there was a brochure of lots of stuff to be given away next to the box for entering my name and address.
I was called a few days later and told that I had won first draw and had won $1995.00 worth of stuff. I was told to either meet up at the Neskowin RV Park in Neskowin, OR if I wanted to get a discounted stay there for a while, or meet up near Wilsonville, OR to get the details.
I called back over the 4th of July to ask if I could pick my stuff up around that time since I was going through that area with my car. I was told to wait when I had my RV and maybe just meet in Newkowin if I was thinking about camping there.
I needed some work done on my RV and finally started heading that way from Southern Oregon but then realized that my RV was still not running right so turned back. I talked to the person again about picking up my winnings and if I needed to actually go to Neskowin or if I could pick up the stuff where I entered the drawing in Wilsonville and also asked if I could maybe just pick out $1995.00 worth of stuff. This time I was told to go to Wilsonville first and get the details of what I had won.
It was not until this point that I realized that something wasn't right since this person seemed to be trying to sell me membership or something and ignoring my questions about the stuff that I had supposedly won.
Did anyone else enter this drawing and told that they won first draw? I don't want to drive across the state just to find out that I am being scammed.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
mtnbbud wrote:

After coming back from a RV show where we put our names into a drawing to win a generator, we were called saying we won a free one year membership to the Neskowin Creek RV park.
One person who put their name in the jar won the generator. The rest of them won a free one year membership to the Neskowin Creek RV park. I'm betting they were the sponsors of the generator giveaway.

I would pass.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
ORbiker wrote:
We are members of RPI. Neskowin and Cascade Meadows are our home parks. Neskowin is a family type park with group BBQ's every Saturday. On Valintine's weekend the park bought 4 huge prime ribs for a camp wide potluck. Christmas, New years and all the holidays are fun.

If you are going to use it, it will be worth it.

We have done 35 nights at only the membership cost this year, plus we have left the rig 4 times in site to return after working wed, thur and friday.
The cost of going to other network parks is $10.00

WHat was buy in costs for 'home park' and annual dues to maintain membership??

I know the annual dues for RPI.......just the home park costs?

It was $3200 and we got a $1500 coupon when we purchased our new Momentum. I figure we are even already with the 35 days of camping at our home parks.
We will be full time in 3 or 4 years, so the RPI will come in handy as we travel across this beautiful country. $10.00 a night in non-home parks.
The membership also came with Coast to Coast too.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Check the following link,

Neskowin RV Park

Just a typical membership park.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the info and advice. I think I'll pass on their sales pitch. If it was low pressure I might be tempted, but I'm not really interested in becoming a member of a private CG when there are so many cool places to go see in so many different places.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
ORbiker wrote:
We are members of RPI. Neskowin and Cascade Meadows are our home parks. Neskowin is a family type park with group BBQ's every Saturday. On Valintine's weekend the park bought 4 huge prime ribs for a camp wide potluck. Christmas, New years and all the holidays are fun.

We have done 35 nights at only the membership cost this year, plus we have left the rig 4 times in site to return after working wed, thur and friday.

WHat was buy in costs for 'home park' and annual dues to maintain membership??

I know the annual dues for RPI.......just the home park costs?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
IF you like the OR coast area and go often it might work for you. Back when we were C2C members ( gave it up when health made us give up the RV) We stayed at Neskowin several times and enjoyed it. Nothing fancy but good access to the central coast areas. Buy in - only if you need a frequent place to stay on the central coast.
We were frequent users of our C2C membership and our home park (Colorado) but if you are not frequent RVers then I can't recommend membership in either a "home" park or the C@C affiliation that they may try to sell you on.
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
mtnbbud wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Moderators feel free to move this if it's not.

After coming back from a RV show where we put our names into a drawing to win a generator, we were called saying we won a free one year membership to the Neskowin Creek RV park. The person on the phone kept saying, "this is a big deal", but would not mention what fees might be involved. We were told we'd also be given 3 nights free and a $25 gift card for Camping World for meeting at their office in Tigard.

I'm under the impression that "free" is going to be far from free and was wondering if anyone else has sat through this meeting and what the results were. I would plan to attend the meeting to collect on the 3 free nights, but refuse the "free" year membership. Feel free to pm.

that's EXACTLY why I passed on the sign up for the drawing for the free generator at the RV show. The gal followed me down the aisle with a drawing form trying to get my name etc. I kept saying not interested.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!