cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normandy Farms Activities?

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
We are taking a big family vacation there this summer and are looking for area activities. We want to do some things together but we don't want to have to do EVERYTHING together. 🙂

It will be my parents who are late 60's and in fact my Dad will be turning 70 while we are there so we'd like to do something in the area to celebrate.

5 adults in their late 30's-mid 40's.

A 14 year old girl and 4 boys who are 7,8,9 and 10.
13 REPLIES 13

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
We got back from Normandy Farms a few days ago and it was great. The park was immaculate and there was plenty for my niece and nephews to do all day long.

One of the best days was actually last Monday. It was an open practice for the Patriots so we watched that for a bit. That was pretty cool even though we are NY fans. Then they had free prizes when spinning a wheel. There were also active events for the kids. They had a section where kids could kick field goals and throw footballs through hanging car tires. Then they had a section where the kids ran through dummies before diving onto a mat to catch a football. It was awesome and the entire thing was free for all of us. Very cool day for them.

My brother took his family to Boston one day and I went to Cape Cod and had THE best NE clam chowder I've ever had.

It was a great trip for everyone. My only complaints were that the roads were gravel which made bike riding a little difficult for the kids. One of them actually took a nasty spill. Also a lot of the sites are in direct sunlight so you didn't want to sit outside all that much when relaxing. We found ourselves inside the camper with AC for that.

Other than that, it was awesome.

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
cm11599ps wrote:
Do we stand any chance of getting a signal with my HD DirecTV dish or should I leave it at home?

Most sites are pretty open to the sky, but, there is cable at most sites as well.

Do you like hiking? Lots of great hiking in the area.

I do but I don't think anyone else who is going would join me.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
cm11599ps wrote:
Do we stand any chance of getting a signal with my HD DirecTV dish or should I leave it at home?

Most sites are pretty open to the sky, but, there is cable at most sites as well.

Do you like hiking? Lots of great hiking in the area.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
John Wayne wrote:
When we were there years ago they had a camp host that ran a tour bus to Boston and all the sights Old Iron sides etc.

I think she's being restored right now and isn't open to the public. 😞

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we were there years ago they had a camp host that ran a tour bus to Boston and all the sights Old Iron sides etc.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
Any other suggestions?

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info everyone! I just checked and we'll be there the week of one of the car shows so that's something I'd love to do!

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
There are so many options within an hour or two drive from Normandy Farms, that I don't know where to begin.....

3 miles up the road from Normandy is Gillette Stadium/Patriot Place with food, shopping, Patriots Pro Shop and Hall of Fame. I believe the Pats will be starting their preseason workouts in early August as well, which are usually open to the public. Every other Thursday night, there is a huge custom/antique car show at the stadium as well, if you happen to have the right week. And BassPro is there.

About 10 miles from the CG are the Wrentham Outlets - a huge shopping area.

In Boston ---
Freedom Trail
Red Sox game
Harbor Tours
Duck-Boat Tours
Museum of Science
Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market
Chinatown
Italian North End
New England Aquarium

North of Boston ---
Gloucester/Rockport/Salem

South of Boston --- (East/Southeast from Normandy)
Plymouth
Cape Cod (watch out for terrible traffic on weekend days)

Rhode Island ---
Newport ---- Mansion tours, Ocean Drive, shopping and amazing seafood
Providence ---- Federal Hill for the best Italian Food you'll ever eat.
Narragansett --- Right along the water - gorgeous area to see the sights.

Stretching the distance a bit, you can drive down to New Bedford and hop the ferry to Martha's Vineyard for the day.

Or Mystic Seaport in CT - Probably 1 3/4hr drive from Normandy, but lots to see and do.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
You will be only a half hour from Providence so a night there for dinner and Water Fire is good for all. You can be to Boston, Cape Cod and Newport within an hour so you have a lot of choices for family fun. Normandy Farms is a great location. Patriots place is five minutes away with shopping the stadium and Patriots Hall of Fame.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We'll have plenty of vehicles. 2 pickups with two campers and 2 cars for everyone else. We already have 2 camper spots and one cabin booked for a week in August.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Normandy Farms is close to the MBTA commuter rail into Boston. Plenty to do there.

You didn't say if you have a vehicle, but Plymouth is close and there are several tourist attractions there. The Rock, Plimouth Plantation, whale watches etc.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might be difficult to get reservations in the popular areas there in first week of July for any month until school starts IMO. Good luck!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad