cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Obbessive Compulsive Dumpers?

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't a big deal and no offense meant but more amusing I guess. Like I sometimes notice do you ever get behind someone at the dump station that seems a bit compulsive. They seem to have all sorts of "accessories" to clean or something and take a long time fooling around with the process. A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one. I pull up, whip out the sewer hose, fasten and pull the handle. Takes about 4 minutes.
Jayco-noslide
116 REPLIES 116

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
DSDP Don wrote:
Don't discount the macerator until you've tried one..
They are nice for dry camping. Mine's a pain to set up because I have to hook it directly to a small battery. Those things take a lot of juice.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Don't discount the macerator until you've tried one. I never touch the waste and don't have to rinse the hose, just put the cap back on the 1.5" x 20', very easy to manage hose. It fits right in the bottom of my water bay and doesn't need to be disconnected.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
5 minuet job tops.

Once black is not gushing I hit it with the built in sprinkler thing until it's flowing pretty well again then turn off water. Hook water up to the 45 clear adapter and when black ceases to run I close valve and shoot water back up at the valve for a second. Water off and open Gray, when Gray stops close valve, then other second of water at the valves then change to 10 seconds of water down the hose.

Unhook, pack it up and roll coal.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jayco-noslide wrote:
This isn't a big deal and no offense meant but more amusing I guess. Like I sometimes notice do you ever get behind someone at the dump station that seems a bit compulsive. They seem to have all sorts of "accessories" to clean or something and take a long time fooling around with the process. A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one. I pull up, whip out the sewer hose, fasten and pull the handle. Takes about 4 minutes.

I have a friend that is so obsessive with his "dump" that he won't even take a "dump" in his own camper. He uses the campground toilet and thinks that it's better.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
TomG2 wrote:
My only "Never" is to have both valves open at the same time. I do not want any comingling of the two tanks in case I ever have to dump my grey water on the ground. Time permitting and water running into both tanks, I go black, grey, black, grey and then get out of your way.

If I need the added capacity. I deliberately let my tanks mix.
THere is always more room in the black tank. So I will let the full grey tank drain, mix, equalize with the black tank to create more space in the grey tank. I can often get another days usage or a couple of extra showers that way.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I take pride in how little time it takes me to dump. I have it planned to a tee and I don't bother with getting every last drop out of each tank.
Takes me about 4~5 minutes and I'm pulling away.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
matt7591 wrote:
Someone once commented in amazement that I don't use gloves while dumping.
I don't, but I do when pumping diesel. You can't just wash that off.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

matt7591
Explorer
Explorer
Someone once commented in amazement that I don't use gloves while dumping. I didn't even think about it until he said so. I use real soap to wash hands after though. Not that Purell stuff that just swirls it around. Soap and water.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
dave17352 wrote:
Thunder Mountain wrote:
Yes, I have seen them. I once saw a person that put on one of those white hazmat suits, mask, safety goggles and elbow length green chemical gloves. My wife's Santa Fe style green chili can be used for paint remover, but it is not that toxic. Now, her carne adovada is another story.

did you really see someone get dressed like that!? and if you did do you think their intent was to be funny.:)

I have seen the same thing minus the goggles and the gloves were yellow. Thought I was going to have to go inside so that I did not laugh out loud. This was at a FHU site, not a dump station. Guess some people are really worried about getting what was once on their inside onto their outside.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
did you really see someone get dressed like that!? and if you did do you think their intent was to be funny.

We used FHC sites to avoid having to use the station but on occasion we had to but tried to do so as quickly and efficiently as possible. If there was no line we'd take a little more time. As to the above comment you don't know this person's health situation. Most likely it's just plain paranoia but anyone with a weakened/compromised immune system is at risk for infection. What I don't understand is why anyone would get so wrapped around the axle as to how someone else dumps their tanks!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Thunder Mountain wrote:
Yes, I have seen them. I once saw a person that put on one of those white hazmat suits, mask, safety goggles and elbow length green chemical gloves. My wife's Santa Fe style green chili can be used for paint remover, but it is not that toxic. Now, her carne adovada is another story.

did you really see someone get dressed like that!? and if you did do you think their intent was to be funny.:)
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, it's about courtesy and being flexible. Not every crevice of the black tank needs to be sanitized at every dump. If you are alone at the dump station, rinse until you're happy. If there is a line, Git-R-Done and move along.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I have a macerator. That's not the issue.
In fact, in my rig there is no way to dump except via the macerator.

I do it the same as the rest of you: pull up, pull out macerator hose, insert into dump drain, push macerator button till both tanks are empty, stuff macerator back into its lair, and drive off. No fuss, usually no rinsing needed, and I'm away in a short time.

I do observe a lot of others who think dumping is similar to prepping for surgery.

MrWizard
I read the title "compulsive dumpers"

and i thought the topic was people that dump a lot, like several times a week even though the tanks not full

it takes me more than 7 mins, maybe i'm getting to be old and slow
the tank is full, we go dump, and i rinse till the C**p is out
i don't want it building up in layers

maybe those 'C Ds' are the ones whose tanks never stink , even though they only use water, because they are so careful getting them clean

I try to avoid morning rush hour check out
and it takes, what it takes
if the there is somebody in front of me, and they 30 min,
then it is what it is, it might take me that long too, and it might not
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s