cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OK, Washer and Dryer in your RV...Do you use them?

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
So most New and roomier Rv's come with a Washer and Dryer or the option.
Did your RV come with a Washer and Dryer and are you actually using it?
Who here uses ther W/D in the RV and Who here just uses the CG laundromat?
Hey, like always, thanks for sharing.
62 REPLIES 62

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
To me, it's so nice for laundry being done while you are doing something else in the coach (watching TV, cooking dinner, socializing outside, RV chores, etc.)

MM.
An inducement and testimony to have a coach that can handle a WD/

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We are full-timers (11 year) and our new to us, 2015 Tiffin Allegro
has a combo washer/dryer. Wife loves it! No more trips to the
laundry except for bedding.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
jplante4 wrote:
Range Maggot Bob wrote:
We don't have one and never will. No need, for us. I have heard that you can't wash much more than half a "normal" (at home) load. Is this true?

Actually, you can wash a normal sized load, it's the drying that takes too long. Even with the vented model, do a half load, stopping the washer at the end of the cycle and shaking out the clothes to fluff things up a bit before drying. Still beats the campground laundromat.

Get a 220V dryer and that slow drying issue is solved!

I wash just as much as if I were at the parks laundry with our Bosch 220V washer.

I used to be of the NEVER W/D crowd but having them is a REAL PLEASURE. Wash when we wand and dry when we want with no dirty units to deal with or crowds etc.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Range Maggot Bob wrote:
We don't have one and never will. No need, for us. I have heard that you can't wash much more than half a "normal" (at home) load. Is this true?

We are currently on the road. We washed the king sized sheets and pillow cases last night but divided it into tow loads because it makes drying easier. Sheets have a tendency to ball up in the dryer whether you are at home or in the coach.

So, one king top sheet and two pillow cases and then the king bottom sheet and two pillow cases (we have 4 pillows). The washer is front loading and can hold a lot of clothes but is a little smaller than a home model.

To me, it's so nice for laundry being done while you are doing something else in the coach (watching TV, cooking dinner, socializing outside, RV chores, etc.).

But the best thing, a person can pick which route works which is ideal for them (no to a W/D or yes to a W/D) ๐Ÿ˜„

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Kenz71 wrote:
How much water does a wash cycle use?

How much energy to dry?

Can they be run while on the road in motion?

In case not obvious, I am a newbie! Looking to learn as much as I can before diving in.

It's definitely something you want to do at a full hookup campsite. In a pinch you could run off the genny. I do that when I winterize the washer, but I never run it through a dryer cycle.

The Splendide tends to get unbalanced in the spin cycle and you need to be ready to jump up and stop the spin when the washer starts to jump around. So no to on the road.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Range Maggot Bob wrote:

Actually, you can wash a normal sized load, it's the drying that takes too long. Even with the vented model, do a half load, stopping the washer at the end of the cycle and shaking out the clothes to fluff things up a bit before drying. Still beats the campground laundromat.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we went on our cross country trip in our 24 ft Koala, we took roughly two weeks worth of clothes. I knew we would be stopping and spending several days at a campground every few days, so we would take a couple of hours while at the campground and do laundry. Worked fine for us.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Bosch 220V washer and Whirlpool 220V dryer, we would not be without them!!!

Oh another thing we will always have from now on is a Dishwasher!

Same with us-- the dishwasher gets used a lot.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
There's no way I'd not have a washer/dryer on board my 36' or longer motor home. But, as it is I have a shorter (24') Class C. No real good place for a single drum, dual purpose Splendid or other WD.

I've never heard of the no washer/dryer usage RV park(s). What are some of them? Sounds implausible to even enforce it.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bosch 220V washer and Whirlpool 220V dryer, we would not be without them!!!

Oh another thing we will always have from now on is a Dishwasher!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last mh had a w/d in it. DW loved it. She would do the laundry on the way home from our camping trips so we had to put one in the 5er also. It came prepped so it was a simple install. Won't be without one now.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Kenz71
Explorer
Explorer
How much water does a wash cycle use?

How much energy to dry?

Can they be run while on the road in motion?

In case not obvious, I am a newbie! Looking to learn as much as I can before diving in.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The "No washers" rules are sometimes related to limited sewage or water treatment capacities. I know of one park for instance, where the sites use the parks own well and RO treatment system, but the office and small laundromat are on a municipal water line that's not large enough to serve the whole park. A "No dryers" rule may be similarly related to limited park power capacity.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate