CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
21 REPLIES 21

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
JRscooby wrote:
I bought a brand new '72. I, even back then, knew how to use a screwdriver to aim the headlights.
The term "corn binder" had nothing to do with headlight aim, but was related to the fact "International Harvester" was mainly a agriculture equipment company.
Yep, I have several friends, my age and older, and they all refer, or referred, to IH as "Binders". Which I always assumed was meant as another name for a "reaper" or "binder".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
That drive looks like it could really scramble your eggs.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like the third one back is a late 50's Dodge. Can't make out what the 4th and 5th ones are.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a brand new '72. I, even back then, knew how to use a screwdriver to aim the headlights.
The term "corn binder" had nothing to do with headlight aim, but was related to the fact "International Harvester" was mainly a agriculture equipment company.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I had a '62 corn binder! I loved that truck so much.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
We called those International trucks , " corn binders '. Headlights were always aimed high so a could see over the corn and hay while drivin out to feed the stock , My last one was a 1962 or 1963 .

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I'll bet those Airstreams are STILL on the road today!