cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One thing you use ALL the time?

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Just to go the other way... One thing I use ALL the time is my RVQ. I know folks hate them, etc.. But mine works well, does not heat the side of my RV, I never leave it unattended and like most things if used correctly is fine. Granted, it's only good for maybe 4 burgers, or 2 large steaks, so you have to know it's limitations. OH! and our walkie talkies, we DO NOT yell back and forth while backing into a campsite. But thoroughly enjoy the show when others do! :B
Proud father of a US Marine
61 REPLIES 61

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
A road atlas. I know the younger crowd will snicker, but I can peruse the big atlas and find things that are somewhat along our route and might make an interesting side trip. We specially go for things denoted as "scenic". I haven't been able to do that as well, using a GPS system. And when we've gone to places to really explore, we bring along a Gazetteer as well (especially if we're off-roading)

ALWAYS have a hard copy map on hand. GPS can fail, or misguide you. And the road names are always displayed on the map, something GPS may or may not show depending on the screen size or field of view.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot the coffee pot!!! A 12 cup percolator heated on the stove, brewing dark roast Community Coffee!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
A road atlas. I know the younger crowd will snicker, but I can peruse the big atlas and find things that are somewhat along our route and might make an interesting side trip. We specially go for things denoted as "scenic". I haven't been able to do that as well, using a GPS system. And when we've gone to places to really explore, we bring along a Gazetteer as well (especially if we're off-roading)

Good one! And, doesn’t constantly require “recharging” !
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Our 12 cup electric Percolator!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
My stainless steel washer drum! Yeah, we used to use a porcelain Maytag drum, but I had a neighbor with an LG top load washer that crapped out.
He dragged it to the curb for County pick up.
I dragged it up the driveway and gutted it! WAY bigger than the Maytag.
And the hotter you get it, the more colors its changes!
Every camping trip I use the washer drum. Love it and will even use it in the summer,, the holes in the side are majestic!
Have had it so hot the whole thing was orange, woke up the next day and it was blue and purple and orange!
Absolutely Amazing!:C

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I assume you mean additions, accessories or modifications.... Not just the stock RV.

I use my added Fantastic Fan a lot and consider it one of the best mods.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Internet

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
The bed, I use it every night LOL

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Weather permitting we always use the awning with our folding rockers and the fire pit most every evening while enjoying a nice beverage.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are many things you use all the time in an RV. Seating. Kitchen stuff (I really like my steamer it's heating supper as I type) Fridge (Keeps the leftovers till I steam them) Bed.

And since I drink park water. filter-filtered.. Well even filtered-filtered (That's filtered twice) there is sometimes enough difference that I need to use one other thing.. A lot.. The fist tank of either the spring/summer or fall/winter season.. Fact. 80 gallons of fresh lasted me from Halloween to Thanksgiving, and the next 80.. 1 week. That was 2017. Last fall I tanked up at about 2/3 a few times (weekly for a month) and thus "Adjusted" without the after effects.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

js218
Explorer
Explorer
600hp. Been over the Canadian and U.S rockies numerous time rig doesn't even break a swet
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Lynx levelers. Glad I bought a second set at a garage sale. The site we are at now is uneven side to side and crowned in the middle. Two bags of Lynx down and I still had to borrow wood planks to get the stabilizers to reach the ground.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
The Weber Baby Q, the Keurig and the MarCell RV Temp. Alert for our dog.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use my RV every time.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)