cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinion question

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
going camping locally for a weekend this summer. Its becoming a bit of a tradition, a group of old co workers and our families. We all catch up and have a great time. Several of us have young children.

opinions. closer to the other kids (thinking about baby monitor range for when they go to bed and we want to have a campfire on 1 central site) or nicer site that's up the road a few sites.

leaning towards the crappy site in the middle of the group.

what would everyone else do?
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
12 REPLIES 12

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
thanks all were good. for what it was worth both were with the group, was just where within the group we would be. google earth suggests we did ok.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever we camp with a group, we'd rather just camp by the group instead of off somewhere else, even if the site is better. You won't spend a lot of time on your site in that scenario anyway.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
booked the crapy site in the middle. google earth suggests it might not be that crappy. Its got poor privacy ratings but I think that's because its poorly isolated form the other sites (that are our group) thanks all.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
wnjj wrote:
We just let them fall asleep on our laps by the fire and put them to bed when one of us goes. My wife or an aunt enjoy the lap warmer.

My parents and their best friends used to do this with us - or just put us in a bedroll near the campfire where they could keep an eye on us. We loved watching the fire that way. (This was in the '50s before all the technology - and in the Gila Wilderness, not a campground.) If the kids are young enough to worry about them in the RV by themselves, they're probably small enough to carry to bed when the grownups are ready.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree with Crowe above. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just let them fall asleep on our laps by the fire and put them to bed when one of us goes. My wife or an aunt enjoy the lap warmer.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Crappy site in middle of group, closest range of monitor. You aren't there for the site, you are there for the company.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put the kids to bed in the camper closest to the camp fire. When it's time to disperse, just gather them up and go back to your own unit.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
no group site to get. 4 booked in a row, do I want to be the 5th in the row or across the street form the middle of the row (directly across from what will most likely be the main base camp)

kids will be 3 and 5 and both crash by 9:00 ish

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You don't give age of children, but IMO your best option is to pick a nice site, and take turns, one parent join the group, while the other stays with young children, and trade off.

Jerry

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest you get a group site.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the age (sounds like they're pretty young) I'd pick the site as close as possible.