cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

our summer vacation 2013

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a few pics of our 2000 mile trip from northern KY to Florida and back. We hit all the parks at Disney World and got in a little beach time as well. 2012 miles on China Bombs was the scariest part of the trip. Luckily no issues.

First night we stopped at Holiday Trav-L-Park in Chattanooga. It was a great place to stop over because the sites were long enough to keep the truck hooked up.

Next night was Eagles Roost in Lake Park Georgia or Florida depending on who you ask. It was also a good stop over spot because the sites were long enough again to stay hooked up.

Next day was on to Ft. Wilderness for a week. We were not big fans of the park at all. They also had our request all messed up and tried putting us in a pet loop with no shade when we requested the exact opposite. We eventually got them to move us to site 1332. It was convenient for going to the parks though

Then we moved over to the beach for the weekend and stayed at Coral Sands in Ormond Beach. Beautiful beach but the sites were a bit tight and electric was AWFUL. We struggled the entire weekend to maintain 110 volts once the AC was running. Still was a good place to stay to play on the beach.

On the way home we stopped at Forsyth KOA in Georgia for the night. The staff was the friendliest I've ever seen. They even dropped off fresh baked cookies at the site. We also ordered a large pizza from the office and it was delivered via golf cart for $9.00.

We stopped at Cove Lake State Park in TN for the last night but ended up leaving because the sites were too short for our trailer and the ground was absolutely covered in goose poop. It was so bad you couldn't walk so we just drive the extra 200 miles home
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs
8 REPLIES 8

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
Very Nice - love the pictures.

X2!
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Love the pics!
We have stayed in the Forsyth KOA, I took the same picture of our setup when we overnighted there in 2010. I will echo your comments about the staff there, they were just fantastic. We couldnt figure out if the pizza was really as good as we thought it was or if it was a welcome treat after being on the road for the day ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is our pic from the KOA...I wish I could remember the site number we were in.

KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

Margaritaville
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting the pics. Glad you had a great vacation and a safe trip.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!!!

We did our Disney trip (2,500 miles) in early April camping at First Landing in Virginia Beach and Savannah Oaks in Georgia along the way. Had a great time in Disney.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very Nice - love the pictures.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
From a fellow Kentuckian who likes Florida I'm glad you had fun. We're going back in October for a week. Nice pics too.

Justus4
Explorer
Explorer
Too bad about the final stop. I hope you got a refund. They really should be taking better care of their sites. Otherwise looks like you had a wonderful time. Love the beach photo.

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Nice
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire