cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

portable spas

glenandchristin
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have experience hauling a spa full time?
8 REPLIES 8

Militaryfamilyr
Explorer
Explorer
The Jelly stone camp ground near my home just advertised that they'll set one up for you at your sure for $99 a night. I don't know their rules about bringing your own hot tub.

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
I saw one of the colmen ones at a CG in Pigeon Forge buy a 5th wheel, looked like he had been there for a couple weeks or so, My knee jurk reaction was COOL! ! ! but after I thought about the amount of water and extra power I thought NO.

If they asked the CG owner and maybe paid a few bucks extra then OK, COOL ! ! !

We bought one for my daughter and her husband for Christmas, took like 30 min to set it up and 24 hrs for the water to reach 104* it's pretty neat really cost $ 450.00
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beemer, when you built the fire under the truck to warm up the spa.....
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
glenandchristine wrote:
Does anyone have experience hauling a spa full time?

Yes, in fact here is a picture of our campsite last summer;
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
If I was an RV Park manager - I'd take a dim view of the amount of electricity and water a spa gobbles, although I HAVE seen some trailer-mounted models that are propane-fired..... if I owned a portable spa, I'd be concerned with kids getting into it. And then there's the issue of where to dump several hundred gallons of water when you decide to move it...

Agreed. In all our travels we've never seen one in a RV park/campground.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently they do make one for camping. :R
Although if you wanted it heated add another 600 bucks for a whopping total of $999.00 for the set up!

IMHO.....use the CG shower turn it on real hot and stand under the hot water for a half an hour and you get the same results! That's what I do when I feel the need.

$999.00 >
http://newatlas.com/nomad-collapsible-hot-tub/33410/

FREE >
....................:B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"And then there's the issue of where to dump several hundred gallons of water when you decide to move it..."

Someone might notice dumping a couple of hundred gallons of water. You really need a spa?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I was an RV Park manager - I'd take a dim view of the amount of electricity and water a spa gobbles, although I HAVE seen some trailer-mounted models that are propane-fired..... if I owned a portable spa, I'd be concerned with kids getting into it. And then there's the issue of where to dump several hundred gallons of water when you decide to move it...
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!