cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

possible water pump problem SOLVED UPDATED 07/01/2016

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATED 07/01/2016I need your help guys, i have a 2013 Gray Wolf 26BH that we bought new in early 14 so this is our 3rd season. We very seldom use the onboard water but do a few times a year. For some reason i can't get the air out of the lines. This appears to be the hot side of the lines more so than the cold. The pump appears to pressurize okay and it holds pressure. When i have the hot water heater running i have zero problems with having hot water, just air in the hot side of the lines if that makes sense.

I have got into the water pump area and tightened all the hose connections and there are no leaks anywhere. Do i have a water pump going bad or am i missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance for your help.

See post update below.
9 REPLIES 9

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Cool that you posted back.

Now if I can just remember that. :R

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I solved the problem with air in my hot water line. It was my bonehead forgetfulness that caused it. When dewinterizing i plain forgot to run the outside shower to get the air out of that line thus causing the problem. I done that and everthing is great. Thank You all for contributing.

Doug

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You guys for all your replies. I spent Sunday trying to trace this problem down and I had pretty much followed all these suggestions that you guys made. I also went through and checked and double checked everything suggested and still have a problem. This one has me stumped and i'm sure i'm missing something stupid and small but still not corrected as of yet. I will definetely keep you posted as to what i figure out.

IDoMyOwnStunts
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you have a leak on the suction side close to the pump, possibly the strainer housing O-ring if you have one. That would aerate the water as air is being sucked in when the pump is running. It wouldn't leak when the pump is off because the water would be slowly draining back down into the tank (if your pump is on top of your tank like mine is). When flow stops, it's not as much of an issue on the cold side with fewer places for air to collect, but the water in the heater would be a large collecting point for that air when it comes out of solution. That may be why you see it on the hot side more than the cold side.
I'm done. This isn't a place to be helpful. It's a place where curmudgeons with a superiority complex will nit pick everything. If you want help, go elsewhere. Admin, delete my account please.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Air induction can only come from the suction side of water pump.....everything else downstream of pump discharge is 'pressurized' and would leak water OUT

Either water heater is not completely full and air is being entrapped in hot water or you have an air leak on suction side of pump....winterizing valve, suction line hose clamp, pump strainer, pump casing etc.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
For some reason i can't get the air out of the lines. This appears to be the hot side of the lines more so than the cold.

Your water pump's sole purpose in life is to draw water from the holding tank and push it into the trailer's water system, thereby pressurizing it, a process which has nothing at all to do with the water heater which is located downstream of the pump. Presumably you ensured the city water inlet check valve isn't leaking but when checking other potential sources of a leak did you also check the low point drains, particularly the hot water? Did you also check to make sure the drain port and pressure relief valve on the water heater tank aren't leaking?
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
filrupmark wrote:
Does it act the same with city water ? Sounds like you drained your water heater and haven't refilled it completely.

Yes, it sounds like he isn't waiting long enough for the water heater to fill. Just open a hot water faucet and wait till it runs steady. That said, it should act the same way on city water but may not take quite as long.

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Does it act the same with city water ? Sounds like you drained your water heater and haven't refilled it completely.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to me if the pump was going bad the air problem would exist for both hot and cold.
I lean toward the Winterizing valves being in the wrong position or almost wrong. Outside shower?
After checking that try running only the hot water in all the faucets in the camper; full blast and see what happens.
I'll be interested in finding out the REAL problem?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)