cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview your posts?

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Recently, while reading my hometown paper on line, I decided to comment on a certain letter to the editor. After typing in my comments, I was forced to read my words in a “preview” mode. There is no way to bypass this. You must review your post.

I wonder if this forum used the same method, that the number of “snarky” comments would decrease as it would force every poster to slow down and review their words prior to pushing the ”post” button?

I know that in the heat of the moment here, I have posted things that I had to self-edit out after a few minutes. Your thoughts?
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006
30 REPLIES 30

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:

CLICK IT...before you post....:S.....Dennis

Fixed it! :B
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
tenbear wrote:
I use Firefox and my typing is checked for spelling as I type. It is optional in Firefox. Go to Options > Advanced.

Chrome also has that feature.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. 😞
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
When posting original and if replaying using the 'Advanced Post Form' there is a 'pre-view' icon (right next to spell check icon----which doesn't work!).

Click on the 'pre-view' icon and a window will pop-up....then you can pre-view before posting.

...snip...

:E
I'll be double-dog-darned...you're right. I never knew about this feature, Oldbiscuit!

Thanks for the education, and...if I may say: you're one of the people here in the Forums whom I worship for your never failing sagacity. (For lesser beings that may not know what that means and don't have a dictionary: That there's a fifty dollar word for "wisdom".) 🙂

Ah shucks.........:o
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Previewing one's post will have very little effect on what one just wrote and is about to publish from a content and/or intention viewpoint.

The folks who write "irritating" posts probably have either: No idea that what they just wrote is offensive, or don't care that what they just wrote is offensive, or intentionally want what they just wrote to be offensive so as put someone down.

IMHO, nasty behavior doesn't come from someone purely by accident.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Frankly, I only open up and read about 3-5% of the threads in these forums. I judge by the subject. If it is not clear, and everything spelled correctly, I don't bother opening it up. (A single-word subject like "Question" never gets opened.) I figure if the poster doesn't care enough to put some thought into their post, I don't care enough about their problem to read it.

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Dtaylor wrote:
There have been many times when I have fully typed out a response and before hitting the post button, think better of it and delete it.
That is my MO. I get it all out and then hit the back arrow.

I have 3 questions I ask myself:

Will this help someone?
Will this make someone smile?
Does anyone really care?

Sometimes the correct answer just isn't there.

Once in a great while it doesn't matter and I hit Post anyway. 😉

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
i use a cell phone that tries to pre type and does not like abbreviations like tt bhtt or 6.0L. hmm now it works wtf lol haha, gtfo.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trackrig wrote:
nowe is the timee for al good men to coome to the aide of teir countrie.

I just tried the spelling check on the above, but it didn't correct any of it. It keeps telling me:

"Spell Check

An error was encountered while processing your spell check. In most cases, restarting the spell check will fix the problem. Sorry for the incovenience. "

But it doesn't correct anything.

Bill
Mine does the same thing. I try to correct my spelling as I type, but the Firefox idea is something I'm going to try.

The Forced Preview has to do with spam control. The site builders figure a real person would have to click the preview button. There is really no way they can "force" you to read it though.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Some people don't even read the original post before they reply so why would they read what they type.

Bingo! 🙂

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Forced to have a preview box come up doesn't mean that people will preview it..it's just a pain in the butt box that pops up that you have to click on post again....lol
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III

CLICK IT...before you post....:S.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
When posting original and if replaying using the 'Advanced Post Form' there is a 'pre-view' icon (right next to spell check icon----which doesn't work!).

Click on the 'pre-view' icon and a window will pop-up....then you can pre-view before posting.

...snip...

:E
I'll be double-dog-darned...you're right. I never knew about this feature, Oldbiscuit!

Thanks for the education, and...if I may say: you're one of the people here in the Forums whom I worship for your never failing sagacity. (For lesser beings that may not know what that means and don't have a dictionary: That there's a fifty dollar word for "wisdom".) 🙂
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ummm, mine has a "Preview Message" link right below the box where I type the reply. You CAN preview it. Making it mandatory won't help, because some people will just click "POST" when the preview screen comes up without reading the preview.

I just noticed that going to the "Advanced Post Form" you do not have the preview link, but one of the icons above the typing box is "Preview."
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
There have been many times when I have fully typed out a response and before hitting the post button, think better of it and delete it.
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150