RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Awning Life Span

Here is a question that I may get a myriad of answers….How long does an awning fabric last, given if:I use trailer at least once per month for 3-4 days with a total number of trips to about 12 per year.Most of the use is in Kentucky.I extend the awni...

Battery Hook-up Question

I am building a new battery box for the two golf cart batteries that I just purchased. I also adding a marine battery cut off switch. My question is if I disconnect the battery once the RV is plugged in to shore power will the 12v items on the RV s...

ianmac23 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone have experience with this dealer?

I am asking because it could be a scam or it could be a liquidator or listing agent.The number listed is always 720-439-8533 (Cricket cell phone). The seller is always someone different, which raises suspicion, but if it is a listing agent/broker, th...

Thetford tire conversion

I have seen a post floating around that gives the specific parts list for converting a larger 4 wheeled Thetford to pneumatic tires. I tried searching with the advanced search and can't find it. Does anyone know of the parts, or can find that post an...

Taste of things to come?

We were ready to leave our campsite this a.m. when my husband wrenched his back and could hardly move. We could not stay in that site so I had to get us moved. For the first time ever, I could not unhook the services and hook up the TV by myself. I h...

lizzie by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh Water Tank Question

I'm having a little trouble with the gauge reading correctly. I know there are gray and black water tank cleaners. Is there anything that I can put into my fresh water tank to get the sensor to work a little better?Thanks,WoodGlue

dead fridge - added

Well, for second time in all my years of rving, my fridge has died. First hint something is up is the interior light died. Wait a bit and check the stack outside, not warm. Hmmm. Switch to gas, not even a try to light. Back to electric, power to boar...

Bill1374 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Looks like we might give up the RV Lifestyle (gasp!)

We sold our Endura close to two years ago. While we have missed some aspects of RVing, as time goes by we miss it less and less. As we were driving home from the Boston RV show we kind of had an epiphany. For what we would spend on the set-up we w...

Crowe by Explorer
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

Workampers needed in Sunny Eastern Oregon

Enjoy Summer in Sunny Eastern Oregon. Eagles Hot Lake RV Resort has several positions available for May to September 2014. 25 hrs/week per person, 5 days/week (11hrs for FHU site) Duties: Office Work, Cleaning, Maintenance/Landscape, Pool Maintenan...

2 feet too long

Considering a new truck as a dingy that puts me 2 feet too long at 67 feet. I hear that California is nasty about this. Seems that towing a pickup would draw less attention than a trailer. Any thoughts?

Need Dinghy Ideas, but not a Truck/Jeep/SUV

Hello All, and I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but I couldn't find specific ideas for cars.We plan to probably get DH a new car in the next few months (new to him, as we usually buy newer used vehicles), and we'd like it to be someth...

AJMom by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Kickin' some tires AKA looking at new RV's

So for the last two weekends the DW and I have visited our 3 local RV dealers. "Not to buy" we tell each other, "we're just looking" we tell the sales staff. We took in a RV show in Atlanta and drove 20 miles out of town to look at what a dealer didn...

Are You A GeoCacher?

Are you into Geocaching?Seems like the ideal hobby for people who like to travel and have an adventure, so I'm wondering how many of you are?What Is Geocaching?WoodGlue

WoodGlue by Explorer
  • 61 replies
  • 0 likes