cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Oops!"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My first "Oops!" with my Outback.... 3 years and not a single event has occurred, then found this yesterday:

This is not mold. It was 3 Diet Coke cans left in the refrigerator when we slept in the camper one week-end recently (drive way camp) and then shut everything down because it was getting REALLY cold. So, we thought we had everything (liquid) back in the house, turned off the heat and shut down the refrigerator ... Oops! Had 3 cans in the door.

So, this is not mold, it's 3 exposed cans of frozen Diet Coke. What a mess!

Clean up wasn't bad. It did a couple good hours though. Got the camper heated back up so it was nice and comfortable. I wiped everything down with a wet rag, and dried with paper towels. This got most everything off.

Then I repeated with bleach water.

The one item that took the longest was cleaning out the seals around the door. It kept oozing Coke. I finally had to pull back the seal to see what was going on, and found the weep hole. I looked at the seals on the other three edges of the door, and they had it too. I suppose these are there so the air can come and go from the rubber seal when the door opens and closes. But, it became a catch to collect the spilled Coke also, filling the thing. So I had to keep oozing it out the hole until I couldn't get any more out. Then I filled it with bleach water and did it again. This took the longest.

The end result was good. It's been a long time since we've left liquids in the camper over the winter months. I suppose when doing those drive way camps, I just need to check a little more close.

We're heading for South Carolina this coming Saturday for a week. So getting everything ready now, so Saturday AM we can just pull out! We're so excited, so discovering this little "Oops!" was really a bit of a surprise!

End results:

26 REPLIES 26

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
That may look like one mell of a hess but for the Steamer I used to have it's no big problem (Euro Shark "Canister" style) for the one I have now (hand held) it might be a two tank of water job.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
My goodness Cummins.. is that yours?? Looks like something from the Hoarders shows.

It was part of what we had to deal with when cleaning out my Father in laws Estate. The POS Sis in law left that mess. She no longer gets Christmas Cards!

She lived in the Small house on the farm. She knew the frig had died but taped the doors shut and let the Science experiment begin. Sure glad I don't have a weak stomach.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
DutchmenSport wrote:
lawnspecialties, We're going to Baker Creek State Park near McCormick (6 nights).

Cummins12V98, makes my mess look "tiny". Now THATS a mess! That's not an "Oopes!" ... that a YUCK!

๐Ÿ™‚

That was REALLY bad! It went into the dumpster.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98 wrote:
At least you didn't have to clean up something like this.

C'mon man, ya gotta share with us what the heck happened there!!:E:E
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we parked the trailer between trips last summer I forgot to prop the fridge doors open. Yup, left two packages of meat in the freezer. :R That thing was scrubbed cleaner than clean but still couldn't get the smell completely out.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have had two similar experiences.

We forgot to prop open the refer doors, yes we had an science experiment.

The other was same as Dutchman, excerpt it was in the cabinet below the refer, not too bad as in plastic tub!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
This makes me happy I level off our trailer and kick the doors all the way open but we almost left a yogurt in one time. I think we have all been bitten by the oops bug a time or two. Glad yours turned out good.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
When I saw "OOOPS" , a whole lot of bad things went through my head.
Glad your oops was easily remedied.
Just tell your wife that the cola slushie experiment didn't turn out!
I had the opposite happen. Forgot something in the freezer and turned it off. Fortunately it was in a plastic container so all self contained.

Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
At least you didn't have to clean up something like this.

You need have a talk with my wife about keeping things tidy! :B
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
We found out you can wear holes in soda cans if you drive like me. After cleaning our fridge, the soda cans are now safe in their cardboard boxes and only put in the fridge when in use.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
My goodness Cummins.. is that yours?? Looks like something from the Hoarders shows.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
been there....
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
A buddy of mine got to scrap out a TT that had been abandoned a decade earlier. I got all the appliances from him and I've even used the AC on top of a previous TT that I know longer own.

When the trailer was abandoned food was left in the fridge. After 10 years it didn't even smell anymore. But, some of it had dissolved into the plastic of the fridge walls. Eggs left in the built in egg tray have their shells so stuck in the tray I can't get the shells to come out.

I never have tried the fridge out to see if it works. Maybe next year I will get around to that.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties, We're going to Baker Creek State Park near McCormick (6 nights).

Cummins12V98, makes my mess look "tiny". Now THATS a mess! That's not an "Oopes!" ... that a YUCK!

๐Ÿ™‚