cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof repacement experiences?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We will need a new roof soon & are considering having one of the alternatives to EDPM installed. Has anyone had experience with doing this? Any recommendations of where to have it done? Looking for suggestions in the PNW, Arizona, or Florida. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
RV Armor, rvroof.com, and Rhino Linings all have epoxy elastomer coatings (which are two part, mixed together at the spray head.) All three do a very good job of completely sealing seams and providing a UV resistant barrier that flexes, stretches and handles the road.

A RV dealer in my neck of the woods occasionally gets rigs with a spray on roof... they tend to be very good for leaks in his experience, although a large tree branch can tear it, just as with rubber roofs.

Were I buying a TT or a motorhome that had a rubber roof and keeping it for the long haul, I'd almost certainly have this done. RV armor keeps the existing roof, while Dave's Permanent Coatings strips the rubber roof and applies from the bare wood... more expensive, but might last longer since rubber roofs can come unglued.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
These guys look like they do a good job. Don't know anyone that had use them.

RV Armor Roof
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two years ago I applied a liquid rubber roof over the existing roof on my about 13 year old trailer. I has held up very well, and certainly easier them a new rubber roof. I know because on a previous trailer I had to replace the wood deck and the rubber too.

Only comment is that their recommendation on how much to purchase is marginal. If I did id again I would by a separate gallon to do the "cut in" before applying the main part of the roof.

http://www.epdmcoatings.com/?gclid=CIzE4p_-g7MCFQbonAodaxAAHg
Dr Quick