cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

gene327
Explorer
Explorer
Here in the Kansas City area, one station in Independance is selling regular for $3.15 a gallon, so if you are in the area drop by and fill up.
harold e steffee

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Gas prices are very slowly drifting down around here. Average price is now $3.59. Just in time for the camping season to end....:R

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
more important to pay attention to which state you are in. years back I filled up in Florida then drove to GA. would have saved a bunch of money if I had waited.
bumpy

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
My fuel will always last longer than my bladder.

After having chemo treatments and being on water pills twice a day I can really relate to that! :B:B:B
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
My fuel will always last longer than my bladder.

Retired_VSP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for all the comments - I'm going to keep it topped off on our long journeys - I don't mind stopping frequently anyway - stretch the old bones - thanks to all of you again - safe travels...
Bobby and Lynda
Retired VSP and High School Counselor, respectively
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
Retired VSP wrote:
I've been trying to utilize fuel saving tips such as lower speed limit. I've also been told that by not "topping" off the tank will help with mileage if you just go with 1/2 tank on each fuel stop. The logical thinking being less weight better mileage. Can I get some thoughts on that.....thanks.....

Bobby

Generally speaking, "windage" has a much bigger impact that weight. And a few hundred lbs won't make a measurable difference. Now, having to stop twice as often just might.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
paid $3.27 at costco in MD today.
bumpy

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Gas prices continue to fall around here. One station is at $3.57 and another is at $3.79. The rest are around $3.61 to $3.64. The prices need to drop another dollar before I'll be happy. At least the price of non-oxy gas (91 octane) for the small engines is getting more "reasonable."

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
Figure 6 pounds per gallon for weight of fuel. If you have a 75gal tank, you'd be looking at a weight savings of around 200 pounds by only filling to 1/2. I can't imagine that will make a measurable difference in your mileage.........

Retired VSP wrote:
I've been trying to utilize fuel saving tips such as lower speed limit. I've also been told that by not "topping" off the tank will help with mileage if you just go with 1/2 tank on each fuel stop. The logical thinking being less weight better mileage. Can I get some thoughts on that.....thanks.....

Bobby

cut back on water you are carrying instead. you will probably burn as much gas if you have to stop more often anyhow.
bumpy

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Figure 6 pounds per gallon for weight of fuel. If you have a 75gal tank, you'd be looking at a weight savings of around 200 pounds by only filling to 1/2. I can't imagine that will make a measurable difference in your mileage.........

Retired VSP wrote:

Bobby
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Retired_VSP
Explorer II
Explorer II

Bobby
Bobby and Lynda
Retired VSP and High School Counselor, respectively
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
scottsnider wrote:
where do you think the money comes from to repair and build the roads? Maybe a fairy god mother?
In fact with cars getting more mileage there is far lessmoney for roads, go figure.

I was just pointing out that the Gov. does nothing to help us get the gas just makes money with taxation. If they use the money for roads I am not upset its like here in CA they used it meant for roads and use it on unnecessary social programs and the roads go to hell.

Your state is not alone as the gov shorts the states in revenue sharing the states are forced to do what they can to pay for obligations and pensions and many other costs.

We live in an era that thinks little of paying for past obligations and a lot for taking from the common man.
Thank goodness we can head into the beauty of this country and run away from those that would poison us with their mandates.

I know when I get away I stay away from a lot of this hoopla.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
where do you think the money comes from to repair and build the roads? Maybe a fairy god mother?
In fact with cars getting more mileage there is far lessmoney for roads, go figure.

I was just pointing out that the Gov. does nothing to help us get the gas just makes money with taxation. If they use the money for roads I am not upset its like here in CA they used it meant for roads and use it on unnecessary social programs and the roads go to hell.

FreshAir
Explorer
Explorer
Bend over and get used to it. Were in deep Do-Do.:(
05 Pace Arrow, 36,B W24, SMI Braking, KVH R4 Satelite Dome,
Winegard Traveler Sat. Dish.
Pressure Pro tire system.
2011 Silverado 4x4 toad.