cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV landing gear pads

iquilt888
Explorer
Explorer
I've come across several landing gear levelers/pads. I'm not really sure which is best.

Some look like legos but much larger and are made out of plastic. Some look like the plastic cutting boards you can get at WalMart for cutting veggies and meat. Then there are the ones that are black, made from ground up tires (I think) and have a yellow rope handle.

The last one I listed is "suppose" to be the best. It is suppose to be sold exclusively at eBay but I do not know who makes it. Or, if in fact, it is the best out there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
sljkansas wrote:
PEG LEG, Have your buddy to add 3 legs to the disc to make a Dutch Oven stand. I have one and it works great.

Could plumb in a blower and have a forge.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Treated 2x8x10 works for me.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
PEG LEG, Have your buddy to add 3 legs to the disc to make a Dutch Oven stand. I have one and it works great.
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
A friend of mine uses disc bells. Must be the farmer in him. I keep telling him to weld up the hole and make it into a wok.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
we have been using 15" X 15" Bigfoot Ultra Outrigger Pads for over 2 years .... the only time we don't use them is when parked on concrete .... we have the Bigfoot auto leveling system on our camper so we use 4 of these pads .... side note : Bigfoot pads and Bigfoot leveling are two very different companies .... the pads come with a lifetime warranty

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I use scraps of plywood. They are free and if I drive off without them I won't be heartbroken.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We bought some from Summit Products at the RV show in Tampa this last winter. They are nice and guaranteed for life. Even though we have the Big Foot system, we always put pads under the leveling feet.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

grandpalarry
Explorer
Explorer
I had the 12 x 12 yellow from CW, they sank in the ground and I had a heck of a time digging them out.
Now I have 24 x 24 1" thick wood. I put screw in hooks on the sides and use my awning rod to set and retrive.
I have a 40 foot class A= HEAVY Weight
I donโ€™t need anger management-I just need people to stop pissing me off.
Vancouver, WA
2006 Holiday Rambler DP

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
. . .We have a GOOD size collection of 1/2 - 1 - 2 - 4 - 6" wood we use under the landing gear, or wheels to level or use as chocks; they come in REAL handy; best part - FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gave my plastic******away. . .YMMV. . .We do a lot of boondocking and not always level parking. . .

Olde_Volks_Plac
Explorer
Explorer
Type in your search eng Utility Blocks-Campers Friend
Looks like the best built and multi functional as well

winner winner it smells like dinner well got to go :B

hope this helps.

Not saying Norther tools N equipment still sells them BUT they did show up on their web site

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
I use pieces of composite deck planks, like Trek. 5/4 thick and will never rot.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension