cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Manufacturer Tours

facory
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning a trip that includes northern Indiana. Wondering if anyone has information on plant tours. I think we will be staying in the Howe, Goshen area. Also, do any of the manufacturers have campground facilities at or near their plants to accommodate guests? TIA
2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike
12 REPLIES 12

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you visit the RV/Motorhome Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart first, they can give you a sheet of all the RV factories that do tours, and where they are located. Almost all are within about 25 miles of Elkhart, usually in small, rural towns.

Be aware that many/most tours are by reservation only. You have to call them and schedule a time. The Jayco tours run each day (not Sat or Sun) at about noon, but you still need to call and let them know you are coming.

The factories are assembly line and they do a certain model for however they need to make and then switch to another model. If you have or are thinking about buying a specific model, you can call them and sometimes they can tell you when they will be making that model. So for example, if you are flexible, you can schedule your trip in September, when they may be building the type you are interested in.

We just did the RV hall of fame and Jayco tour a few weeks ago. Highly recommend both.

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
We called and got a tour of Riverside in Lagrange, IN. Watched them building Retro 177. Very nice factory and friendly folks. It was fun watching Amish ladies bring lunch to their husbands in horse and buggies.

TS21sso
Explorer
Explorer
Call for tour times at Highland Ridge RV (Open Range). Shipshewana In.
There is an RV park In town just south of the factory. Great Amish Community.

facory
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't made plans that far ahead yet. Just exploring possible itineraries.
Schwinn Mountain Bike

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I did a factory tour of the Sabre factory while my camper was there for service. I'm unsure of what campground facilities are in the area.

Where in Howe are you staying? We stayed at Twin Mills for a week last year.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
facory wrote:
We really would like to tour the Cruiser RV factory. I think it's in Howe, IN?

Howe is where we took the tour, but I think they have two factory buildings now.

At that time, they didn't do daily tours and I'm not sure if they do those now.

We just called and said we were interested in their product and asked if someone could show us the build process.

They were very accommodating.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings at the Newmar facility in Nappanee they have about 13 to 15 spots where you can back in And hook up water and electricity its on the side street I believe Delaware Street absolutely no charge but no sewer hook up

most all the manufacturers do have tours Jayco.12 noon Monday through Thursday K.Z. at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, many. Others as well

When you get to Jayco..in Middlebury..stop in the visitors center and they have a brochure sitting on the table that lists all of the plants in the area and their phone numbers and tour times your best bet.

P.M. me if you wanted more info
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar has free camping - one area with full hookups, probably only meant for Newmar owners awaiting service appointments. They also have another area near the building where the tours start from. That area has W & E for sure, can't remember if there are sewers or not.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

facory
Explorer
Explorer
We really would like to tour the Cruiser RV factory. I think it's in Howe, IN?
Schwinn Mountain Bike

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
We toured the Cruiser RV factory before we bought our ViewFinder. Since you have a FunFinder, you probably already have that on your list.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
If you will be in Northern Indiana, don't miss the RV museum in Elkhart (rvmhhalloffame.org/)! It is really awesome. They do have free overnight parking for the night before and the night after your visit. No hookups or security.
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar gives a nice tour. Some mfg. close down at periods during the summer and also Christmas weeks so keep that in mind and make a few calls.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel