cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Sheets

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting ready to go full time in the very near future. I have a short RV Queen mattress in my rig. It is impossible to find sheets to fit it that don't cost a fortune (in comparison to regular sheets) or are not very good quality. So, when I bought sheets for the RV bed, I bought my regular brand and have been living with the wrinkles in the fitted sheet and tucking the top sheet in where it falls out from under the comforter when I make the bed. Once in a while, I will wake up because the sheet has wadded up underneath me, and I'm sure that will continue to be a problem when we are full time.

I have seen one person post an elaborate configuration of straps and such designed to keep the fitted sheet from being wrinkled and sliding off the mattress, but that just doesn't seem to suit my style because I just don't see myself going to that much trouble.

So, tell the truth, what do you do for sheets in your RV, and does the wrinkled bottom sheet drive you crazy enough to make you wish you'd spent the extra dough on an RV sheet set?
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Brett and Tracy and Bella (The Beautiful Bulldog)
My Blog - Alabama Overdrive
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of "The Beautiful Bulldog"
Pic of Brett and Tracy
25 REPLIES 25

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use regular fitted sheets on our RV queen mattress and snug them up using "sheet garters" from Walmart, Bed, Bath, etc. They're elastic straps that clip across the corners of the sheet under the mattress to pull them tight. About $5 per set.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we found a really nice set of RV king sheets at a Camping World we were in. They were on sale, which is the only way we will purchase them because they are expensive.

The bottom is of course fitted, and the top sheet is fitted but just on the bottom corners. They are a very high quality with high thread count.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
While many RV sheet sets on Amazon sell for $76 - there are several if you do a search for "RV Queen Sheets". Clara Clark

Or you might like something like these and use regular sheets.

Original Bed Band

The problem my wife says she has is finding sheets with deep enough fitted sheet pockets. We have a three inch topper on our Sleep Number bed.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the sheet with the quality you want and measure a pattern that you like for the bed, for overlap and tucking under etc plus two inches.
Cut it and on the machine my wife has for monograming has a foot that gathers and folds over and stitches a sealed hem. Got something to lay it on before and after and it wouldn't take five minutes per side or ten with much caution.
With a King or Super King or whatever it is called you would have enough material to make at least tow pillow cases. Then set the monogram pattern and have fun. I can do it but wife keeps butcher knife around the coach and I can't run that fast any more.

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Sonora. I found the other post about RV sheets. That is very helpful. I thought I had an original thought, but somebody had the same one...LOL
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of Brett and Tracy

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
You can buy all kinds of RV short queen sheets for $35~45 on Amazon and that's dirt cheap for bed sheets of any size.

I can't find those sheets, ScottG. Would you mind posting a link? The only ones I can find when I look for "RV Sheets" are only 300 thread count and start at $60.
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of Brett and Tracy

sonora
Explorer
Explorer
EBay sellers will make custom sizes of all kinds of colors/patterns/thread counts. Do a search on this same topic in the forums as it was recently discussed.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I see/feel no problem with a "slightly" wrinkled up bottom sheet ๐Ÿ™‚
just my 2cents
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You can buy all kinds of RV short queen sheets for $35~45 on Amazon and that's dirt cheap for bed sheets of any size.

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
That's a thought, old guy. That may be something I look into once we're in there if it continues to be a problem like I suspect it will.
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of Brett and Tracy

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
you can sew one end of the sheet into a boot affair and slide it over one end of the mattress. that would take up some of the slack