cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVillage

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone looked at or joined RVillage? What do you think about it?
RVillage
6 REPLIES 6

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I always questioned why you would need to use a social site to seek out people in campgrounds? Just take a walk and talk to people.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
The people who helped start it:

http://www.technomadia.com/2014/03/introducing-rvillage-com-technomadias-secret-project/

I think they were hired to do the work, not the founders. It didn't appeal to me, as I don't stay in RV parks.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
I joined and faithfully checked in to every campground we stayed at over the 6 month winter trip. I actively sought out other members that were in the same park. I met 3 people from RVillage on the trip. Some members check in to a park but don't have a rig description so they can't be located by walking/biking around the CG. Some people check in and put a "here until" date and it was 2 months ago. Next trip, I don't think I'll bother.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
I joined very early on when it came out. I don't find it that interesting, though, and rarely go to the site. But I am not really gregarious and I only camp for a few weeks in the summer (the only time I can travel and sightsee). Someone who camps more frequently and who loves to connect up with acquaintances while camping would probably enjoy RVillage more.
Ditto.. It's not a bad idea but it took forever and allot of nasty emails before the would clear out a corrupted password. By that time I was over the thrill
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
From what I've heard of others who have tried it, it's become a hyped up social medium. Folks aren't using it when they set up camp or moving from camp to camp. There's not much activity on the site for the purpose it was intended.

You can always meet people in campgrounds if that's your intention. If you're a biker, look in the campground for bikes and start up a conversation and perhaps a ride together, etc. Not everyone needs a social director to make for an enjoyable trip.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I joined very early on when it came out. I don't find it that interesting, though, and rarely go to the site. But I am not really gregarious and I only camp for a few weeks in the summer (the only time I can travel and sightsee). Someone who camps more frequently and who loves to connect up with acquaintances while camping would probably enjoy RVillage more.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point