cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Selling an RV

dwhitmoyer
Explorer
Explorer
So I've listed my unit on Craigslist but are there other online resources to post an RV for sale? I don't partcularly want to pay anyone a fee just to list my unit for sale.
I downsized my rig to fit my dog.
12 REPLIES 12

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Dyngbld wrote:
I am looking to upgrade to a class A in a few years. I look at RVTrader a couple of times a week. I never look for RVs on craigslist. Just a thought from someone in the market. If you are trying to sell a $50K+ RV spend the $15-20 to get it listed so more people will see it. I would drive 500 miles to look at a RV listed on RVTrader with lots of pictures. I would not drive across town to look at an RV someone "BE SAILING" or "4 sell" on Craigslist.

Point is list it on Craigs list (if you want every scammer in town calling you), but also spend a couple of bucks, and get a national listing in RVTrader.

Sorry, totally disagree. With this crappy economy everyone is looking to save money. We listed on RVT, RvTrader, RVOnline, and craigslist, and ended up selling our $60k coach to a Canadian from Craigslist. Same with 2 other fifth wheels, cars, and trucks. Every high dollar item we have sold has been on CL. More people now look on CL than not, and a scam is pretty obvious. Take a look on there and see how many high dollar coaches are listed.

X2

In my experience, Trader, Ebay, and all the rest, are a waste of time and money. Even when I used to use those other avenues, the item always sold on Craigslist. So I no longer bother with the others. As some have said, the scammers are not difficult to screen out. A third grader could spot them. I ignore the scammer emails.

Go to SearchTempest.com, to scan regions or the whole country for what you are looking for.

The last two times I used the trader publications for cars, trucks, RV's, even after I sold the unit and called and notified them, they did not remove the ad. In one of the two instances, the third time I contacted them, I told them to get the ad off, so I would quit being bothered with inquiries, or I would file a complaint with the AG. They finally took it down. I tell this story because it is my belief that trader pubs is in decline and hurting for new listings, so they don't take them down when asked the first and second time. This way it looks like there is more for sale than there actually is. If the amount of listings gets too thin, then the shoppers won't come, and the business is doomed.

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I just posted my 93 Pace Arrow Diesel Pusher on RV Trader. DONT post your phone number! I did & three scammers SMS'ed me with the typical BS, send me your paypal, acct. ID, Don't ask ANY questions, just the lame, I'm working offshore and can't pick it up just yet...Yeah right.

Good luck!
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought the Green Machine from an ad on craigs list, but it was local and we could look at it before buying. I don't think I'd buy an RV unless I at least could poke around it before hand. A pre-buy inspection would be even better.

We're looking for MH #2 and we are on craigs list, rvt.com, rvtrader.com and rvs.com daily. I caught my first craigs list scammer this weekend.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I sold mine through Craigslist this past spring. I required that they reply with an email address and local telephone number. That separated the wheat from the chaff.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

dwhitmoyer
Explorer
Explorer
So RVT.com didn't really do anything. Once I posted in Rvtrader.com then it sold within a week. Pricing it to sell helped too of course.
I downsized my rig to fit my dog.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Dyngbld wrote:
I am looking to upgrade to a class A in a few years. I look at RVTrader a couple of times a week. I never look for RVs on craigslist. Just a thought from someone in the market. If you are trying to sell a $50K+ RV spend the $15-20 to get it listed so more people will see it. I would drive 500 miles to look at a RV listed on RVTrader with lots of pictures. I would not drive across town to look at an RV someone "BE SAILING" or "4 sell" on Craigslist.

Point is list it on Craigs list (if you want every scammer in town calling you), but also spend a couple of bucks, and get a national listing in RVTrader.

Sorry, totally disagree. With this crappy economy everyone is looking to save money. We listed on RVT, RvTrader, RVOnline, and craigslist, and ended up selling our $60k coach to a Canadian from Craigslist. Same with 2 other fifth wheels, cars, and trucks. Every high dollar item we have sold has been on CL. More people now look on CL than not, and a scam is pretty obvious. Take a look on there and see how many high dollar coaches are listed.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

rainy029
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my TT off Craigslist. Only other place I knew to look for one on the internet was ebay. But I was also a first time shopper. Our PUP was passed down thru the family.
1992 25ft Chataeu
2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1L

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have bought and sold many RVs,cars. P/Ups etc on Craigs List with no problems. Sure there are scammers but I pretty well know how they operate. I just sold a EU3000 Honda on CL tues.
samsontdog:o:W

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
craigs list is great,BUT like life there are scammers out there , except nothing but cash in hand or a sit down at the bank. change no title work till paid. I,ve bought sold on craigs list for years and never had a problem. scammers wanting to pay more and other things ,just ignore them.

Dyngbld
Explorer
Explorer

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=e7bd775c-4d1e-46d4-850d-e014153937be

ccxnola
Explorer
Explorer
Use your favorite search engine to find rv's for sale - many of those sites will provide a 'free' listing - usually for a short time. It worked for me to get a previous sale.
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 mid-entry DP w/CAT 3126b Diesel
Look for the Mardi Gras 'Gators - Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll!!

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
rvt.com , escapees forum , if you are a KOA member, they have a coupon for free uograded ad on RVTrader.com , which I think is worth about $15, but you can still do a free online ad with Traderonline.
Good luck
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us