cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sewer hose connection question

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
For CG's that don't have threaded pipes for a elbow adapter to screw into, What can be used to add yet another adapter to the elbow in order for the hose to stay in place? Tried one of those rubber cone thingy's and that didn't work at all. Ended up asking CG for a cement block to put over the elbow to hold in place.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
10 REPLIES 10

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
A rock, a tree branch, the wife's foot, whatever you can find that you can leave there. Well, maybe not the wife's foot...
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Bike inter tube cut to length you want, wire the ends closed and filled with sand or gravel. I cut a section of old blue tarp, filled with sand, folded over the ends, grabbed the duct tape and put a few wraps on it. I guess it weighs 12-15 pounds.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
At campsites, I use a 2 gallon ziploc bag full of water hold it down nicely and pack up quick and tidy when I'm done. I lay it over top of my elbow and so far has held it in place.

At dump stations, I just use whatever heavy thing they have laying there (from a bowling pin to rock to chunk of wood).
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carry a collapsible 1 Gallon water container. I used it in my back pack when desert ATV riding.

Fill it half full or so with water and lay it over the end of sewer connection.

When done just empty and fold for easy storage.

Same principle as the pig but much cheaper.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of solutions....a rock, a chunk of firewood, or the tried and true....

I pull the handle and the wife holds down the elbow with her foot.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My threaded (3 different threads) 90 jambs itself nicely into those smooth sewer fittings.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
If you use a sewer support that should not be a problem. We use the 3-piece support with parts that slide against each other so we can slope the sewer pipe from the outlet to the sewer opening supported along the way with whatever is available.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
First: THanks for that link, Mine is not like that one (It's a block) but I saw one of those the other day and want one.

Next. I use an adapter with a "Yummy Sewer Donut" this is a fairly hard foam ring that goes around the straight or stepped (non threaded) adapter. it will also fit on a threaded adapter.. ANd I use the Water block (or PIG) on top of it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Almost every campground that I have ever been to usually has a good size rock, half a concrete block or big heavy chunk of wood just for that purpose. near the pipe.

We are now at a permanent site, and I found that with the foam rubber "doughnut" firmly pushed into the pipe, the elbow from my sewer hose fits in nice and tight

jack L
Jack & Nanci

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Put a little bit more of your hose into hole (without going nuts about it) and get something to hold it down. Here is one idea...

https://www.amazon.com/E49-Enterprises-E49-Polar-White-001-P-Sewiepig/dp/B00J9C5AFU

But I saved some old socks that are filled with gravel and knotted together at top of them. They just lay over the top of hose with most of sock evenly across top. I carry them in sewer tube. No big loss when gravel eats it way through the old sock bouncing in sewer tube.

looking forward to what others do.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"