cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shadow Cruiser questions

Mysteryiam
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking for a new camper since Sandy took my Pop up almost a year ago. I have a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder 4X4 and am looking to purchase a light TT that good for two adults. DW and I went to the Hershy Pa. show a few weeks back. There is noticable difference in the qualiy of the build of some of the campers I saw. The Lance campers were real quality, but they come with a higher price too.
DW wants a walk around Queen and to save weight I'll take a TT with a slide out couch instead of a dinette. I talked to the Cruisers RV guy who told me about the 195WBS. I am ready to buy, but I want to be sure of the quality. I don't remember the quality of the Fun Finders I saw at the show because we saw so many campers, I forgot .
I trie dto do web searches, and especially after the coments I read in Rolling Times about the Cruiser RV View Finder. I'm a little scared I'll have problems.

http://www.roamingtimes.com/rvreports/5/cruiser-viewfinder-travel-trailer.aspx
6 REPLIES 6

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Do a rvnet forum search about 'shadow cruiser axles'.
~~AND~~
Take a real long hard look at the back bumper alignment. There were some frame assembly problems on many of them.

Last year within months of each other several forum members had Cruisers where the frame was all off and some had to fight to get the dealerships to take them back.

Read the comments about the frame issue from owners on this link.
http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26977614/gotomsg/26977797.cfm#26977797

Good luck. Just read all you can first so you have the right questions to ask before you purchase AND eye ball the frame before you buy!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Shadow Cruiser S225RBS in May of 2012. We've put about 4000 miles on it in numerous trips. Not a single TT problem yet.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a FunFinder 210WBS for almost 4 years and ~48,000 miles.

Had three problems with it...leaking tire (picked up a screw outside of El Centro, CA, obviously not a CruiserRV issue), leak around front window (an inherent problem with front windows and why many manufacturers no longer offer them; re-caulked and no further problems) and my water heater died (loose connection under a wire nut). Great trailer and I'd still own CruiserRV products if they sold 5th wheels.

Now... Will you have a problem with one? Probably, I don't know of any RV that doesn't have a problem or problems, take time with a PDI and look for potential problems before hooking up from the dealer. Most "problems" can be caught early enough to not become a major problem with due diligence in spring and fall inspections. It is inherent in the product and what we as a buyer are willing to pay for, but, unfortunately price point is not a good indicator of quality as there are owner's of Prevosts that have issues with them as well. Top dollar or bargain basement, they all have the propensity for having problems. Personally, I would buy CruiserRV again if I ever downsize from the 5er or if they start building 5ers and I'm looking for trade.
My 2 cents, your mileage may vary...

Don
Bronwyn
Down to 1 kitty...J-Lo, the princess

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk Towed

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Mysteryiam wrote:
Thank you for the reply.
I thought the Lance 1885 was a great camper. BUT.....DW was not happy with the price, and I am afraid that's a little too much weight for my V6 Pathfinder to pull. I'd be at 86% of my total towing capicity. I'd rather stay under 85%. If I got the sofa bed option, it would be even heavier.

I think that there are people pulling 1885 (now renamed the 1995 iirc) with your tow vehicle who do fine.

Why don't you ask at the owners group Lance Owners of America:

LOA

If it's price holding you back, then the point is moot.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

Mysteryiam
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the reply.
I thought the Lance 1885 was a great camper. BUT.....DW was not happy with the price, and I am afraid that's a little too much weight for my V6 Pathfinder to pull. I'd be at 86% of my total towing capicity. I'd rather stay under 85%. If I got the sofa bed option, it would be even heavier.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Cruiser Viewfinder - Clicky

If you want a RV w/ continuing quality you'll stay with the Lance Travel Trailer line. Their beds offer a "couch" option as well as a full sized dinette and walk around a full sized queen (not the smaller RV size)

Why not have the best of both worlds? Couch, walk around queen and a full sized dinette + quality!

Take a look at the 2 factory tour videos in my signature.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer