RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ford C-Max Towing

Planning to flat tow our 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid. Just wondering if miles still accumulate when flat towing. Also wondering if anyone uses a solar charger for keeping the battery charged? We may have more questions once we get started with this. A...

Long Trips - S&B Shutdown

We're planning to hit the road starting next year for trips that last anywhere from 2 to 4 months with short 3-4 week stays back at our home in Alabama. I know a lot of people just go full time, but we have a lot of reasons to keep our home, even th...

dshizzel by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

another maxxis?

Since my china bombs destroyed the side of my trailer yesterday I am now buying 4 new tires and am settled on maxxis 225/75/15 load range E to replace my Blowmaster load range D tires. I dont have room to upgrade to 16" rims nor do I really want to s...

Camper burgularized in driveway !!

On local news tonight: family was in process of packing up their 5th wheel for a vacation and it was parked in their driveway. (sound familiar?) Next morning they noticed camper door wide open. Owners neglected to lock it up (they admit it was the...

2015 Calendar

Does anyone have a source for free offerings of 2015 wall Calendar?. We like to keep one posted in the RV for easy viewing when on the road.

4aSong by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Suzuki Vitara stuck in park

While towing our 08 Vitata, we stopped at a rest stop to run it for a few minutes as required every 200 miles. Could not get the automatic transmission out of park. Following owner manual instructions, I hit the manual release and was able to shift ...

JDsdogs by Nomad II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Green NON-toxic RV Mattress

So I'm on a quest to find a non-toxic green mattress for my RV. I'm currently looking at the MobilePlush Eco Green RV Mattress & the Luxury Cool-MAX Gel Foam RV Mattress II.Does anyone have any experience or know anything at all about either of thes...

2015 Honda CRV

Looks like the new 2015 Honda CRV will have the CVT transmission. Does that mean that Honda will not have any vehicle that can be towed 4 down?More information early next week ...Joe Paynter

DogPatch by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Costco Insurance

I just got a letter in the mail from Costco trying to get me to switch insurance companies for auto and home. You know, call for a free quote type of card. Well I called them this morning. They ran my name and said I see you have x amount of cars a...

Campinfan by Explorer III
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Kayak rack question

I just bought a new Kaku fishing kayak. Looking forward to putting it to use in Florida etc..I would like ideas / suggestions on a kayak rack for my 2013 F150 ECO CC. The complication is I have a tool box mounted in the bed and the bed is a short bed...

I guess it coild be worse,

I could be at work. First day of our three day weekend and I nearly t-bone some dumb arse who pulls out in front of us, thtank God the breaks worked great. Okay, get over that get to campground and yes our favorite spot is available. Backed in p...

Lowering 2 inches w/o lowering tow capacity

I want to buy a tow vehicle that will fit into my garage, and like the Ford E350 Super Duty @ 10K towing capacity. The problem: It is 1 1/2 inches too tall for our standard garage. Lower profile tires would fix that, but I've been told that I won't f...

probes in gray water tank ??

Just spent an hour changing the probes in the black water tank, and spent at least that much trying to find where the probes are in the gray water tank, can't even find the gray water tank....2007 Jayco Greyhawk 32 ft ss5000 kodiak chassis , just lik...