cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Small; vacuum cleaner ?

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm looking for the smallest, but most powerful 120 volt vacuum cleaner that I can get to keep in our trailer.

What have you got and would you replace it with the same ?

I am not interested in a 12 volt one

Jack L
Jack & Nanci
16 REPLIES 16

warrantyblues
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the Dyson Cordless Stick. Best vacuum we've ever had for the rv. Works great if you have pets.

Rice
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rbertalotto wrote:
I just bought this unit after it being recommended by dozens of RVers and consumer reviews. For $30 it is simply amazing. Great suction power, compact and well built

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-EasyClean-Corded-Hand-Held-71B/dp/B0006HUYGM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Yep, that thing really is amazing. One review said it could suck the paint off a wall and that's not much of an exaggeration.

I've had two hand-held Dirt Devils before that, and the one with the lower amp rating worked better than the one with the higher amp rating, but this yellow Eureka puts both of them to shame.

I don't like having a dirt cup to empty, but on the other hand, it's interesting to see just how much dirt it picks up.

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
I'll vote for the dyson cordless stick. An very impressive rechargeable....came standard in my Heartland Bighorn.
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
So...a poorly designed motor that draws more amps is better than a well designed motor that draws less amps...not being critical, just want to learn more. Is high amp draw ALWAYS an indicator of a better vacuum cleaner. Thanks in advance!
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
JohnnyQuest1961 wrote:
We bought a Shark Rocket Corded Handheld Vacuum for around $90.00, works great. We bought a small duffle bag so all the accessories would fit in it and this fits nicely in our storage area above the bed.
That is what we carry also and found it very efficient.

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
Dirt Devil 360 is awesome...has floor and carpet heads as well as duster head....

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for all the suggestions.

We'll look into a few of them

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Aghhh trying to find a small vacumm for the RV that actually 'works' is an RV'ers worst nightmare. Most of them are pure junk.

What I found is that all these small vacuum companies play a very well planned game when it comes to what they allow the consumer to know about what they are buying BEFORE they get home with it.

Price will NOT guarantee you the most powerful one either.

It's the LACK of the amps purposely NOT being printed on the "outside" packaging. So you can not compare them.

I went to the store manager and told him I was going to start opening boxes and pulling out the manuals on these vacuums and if he would like to stand in the aisle as I did so he wouldn't have to call security!! Because I wanted to know how many amps the vac had BEFORE purchasing it.

I figured whats the dif of opening it at home and coming back to return it or opening them up in the aisle saving me the gas.

General Manager was very intrigued to see that indeed the amps are not always on the outside of the box for comparison AND that the most expensive one is NOT always the most powerful one.

Long story short, find the one with the most amps. More amps more powerful. You will be very surprised to see where some of these brand name expensive ones fall regarding how many amps.

In my little box ripping open in the walmart isle episode? Yup, that day I found the lesser expensive one was the most powerful one.
I bought the Eureka Ralley2. One powerful little vacuum. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

pegdiver
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Eureka Easyclean (yellow one above) but need something I don't have to get down on the floor to use. I have to clean the filter often in that one even after I have vacuumed with another vacuum. Got a Eureka Airspeed and I get better results using a broom. The search continues...
2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with 2012 Jeep Liberty toad.
Old - 1999 32' Adventurer (no slides) with Grand Vitara toad (105,000 miles!)
Pride 3 wheel mobility scooter
Only 3 states to go in the USA, Camped in most of Canada and 4 states in Mexico too!

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
We have tried three different vacs including a Eureka Whirlwind and a Shark (don't remember the model) - I don't remember what the other one was. None of them worked very well in our opinion.

A few years ago I took the Eureka into a vacuum sales and repair shop and told him I wanted something a lot better and still small since it was for a motor home. He tested the suction and the airflow on the Eureka (said the airflow is more important than the suction) and came up with a Super Fastvac 500 Vacuum made by Schneider Industries in California. It has 85 inches of water lift and 115 cubic feet of airflow. That was over twice what the Eureka had and over three times what the Shark had. It's pricey - list is $170 (I paid about $130) but it does a heck of a job. I also bought a vacuum powered carpet brush head that cost another $38 and unlike the one that came with the Shark, it is hard to slow down.

It's small: Weight = 4.5 pounds, Dimensions =7โ€x12.5โ€x4.5โ€ but powerful and comes with the usual attachments plus attachments for cleaning computer keyboards and the like. Those work great on the motor home dash.

Vacuum shops carry them but I haven't seen them at the mass merchandisers like Target or Walmart. I have seen it at Amazon and other places for as little as $80.
The web site is HERE if you are interested.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

JohnnyQuest1961
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Shark Rocket Corded Handheld Vacuum for around $90.00, works great. We bought a small duffle bag so all the accessories would fit in it and this fits nicely in our storage area above the bed.
John
2007 Winnebago Voyage
Work Horse Chassis, 8.1L Vortec Engine, Allison Trans

"It is what it is"

mo_firevet
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Dyson cordless on the recommendation of friends. Works great but a little pricey.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
We just picked up a "Bissell 3106 Featherweight" for $28 from Amazon. Seems to work pretty well for the small space of the RV.
Lynn