cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag along ???

Mcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen a few references to a "tag along" in some of the forums. What in the world is a "tag along?" Webster defines tagalong as "a person who follows or goes somewhere with another person or group often in an annoying way"

When I see this reference it is usually in relation to some kind of towable camper. My best guess is it is making reference in a derogatory manner to a tent trailer or travel trailer.

Does anyone know what this term means?
25 REPLIES 25

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Tag-along and bumper pull are both used in place of the correct terminology = travel trailer.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
someone could be using that term for a Toad.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

mlslcan
Explorer
Explorer
When I was growing up a "tag" trailer was any bumper pull trailer. So we had fifth wheel, goose neck trailer and tags.

Mike

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
My wife...:W
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
My favorite tag-along is the girl scout cookie.
Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
There was a company called "Go Tag Along" at one time. Some of the Tag Along trailers are still in service. When I hear the term I think of small vintage trailers.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

dave54
Nomad
Nomad
Unemployed brother in law that insists on going with you?
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is what we named our travel trailer in the early 1960s.

It is also what the leaders of our daughters called the kids that got brought to meetings and along on outings who were still too young to join the troop.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Moved from ATC

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any thing that comes along with you , usually to me it would mean any bumper pull trailer .

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Generically, tag along trailers are typically smaller camper or utility trailers that are hitched to smaller cars and often motorcycles with a simple ball hitch. They usually don't require brakes or any sort of load leveling or anti-sway hitch. The term is not derogatory in any way that I'm aware of. Harbor Freight as I recall, uses the "Tag-Along" brand name on some of their small trailers.

A typical tag along trailer that could be towed by either a small car or a motorcycle:

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate