cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thank you to my mother

stfnwuf
Explorer
Explorer
My mother passed away suddenly last week. The reason I post this is that she was the one who introduced my dad to camping by way of buying a Coleman Tent Trailer in 1967. Over the years my parents always had an RV. They had to give it up in 1999 when my dad's health didn't allow too much travel.

In going through some of her paperwork, I found notes about buying a Volkswagen Camper Van. It made me smile to see those notes as I know she was trying to find a way to hit the road on her own. She really loved the RV lifestyle.

Thanks to my mom for planting the "RV Seed". You will be missed. Hopefully she and my dad are RV'ing in heaven.
2016 Reflection 337RLS
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Food source for one very ornery cat
17 REPLIES 17

BigDaddyHfx
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss. It sounds like she's responsible for a lot of happy memories.

I lost my mom almost three years ago. I can't thank her for my love of RVing (I got that from my older sister) but I can thank her for the inheritance that allowed us to buy our TT and move up from tenting.

napadan
Explorer
Explorer
I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. We lost our Mom in February, and it was (and still is) a shock and the loss of a bygone era. Please accept my sympathyโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆDan in Napa.

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
You seem to be remembering the good things with your mom! That's excellent. Sorry she's gone, but look at the legacy she left you.
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you had a awesome mom. Sorry for your loss.

Buckeye_Chuck
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss. You can rest assured that Your Mother and Your Father are having a great time camping or whatever else they love doing as I write this. And they never have to stop.
2012 F250 Lariat 6.5ft. bed, 6.2L, 3:73 Gears
2013 Sabre 33CKTS-6

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I also was exposed to the camping 'virus' by my parents at an early age, about 7. First a tent, then a borrowed teardrop trailer followed by a TT and a 'C' after my Dad retired. I vividly remember some of the things I saw on those trips, and have visited most of those places myself as an adult, first in a 'B' and now in my current 'C'. I'm now 68, still RVing, and wouldn't trade my memories for any amount of money. And Dad, I made it to Alaska for you. You would have loved it.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

stfnwuf
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. Such great memories of our summers we spent camping.
2016 Reflection 337RLS
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Food source for one very ornery cat

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
Very sorry about your mother. I lost mine just over two years ago now.

Mom loved to go camping with us. We took her on the road with us for nine months and she got to see a lot of the USA from coast to coast. She had a great time.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
Stfnwuf, so sorry about your mom's passing, but she left you with some great memories and a lovely gift: love of camping:)
My mom HATED camping (she said), but she went along with it for Dad and us girls. Now for someone who claimed to hate it, she did it so well. She'd help Dad set up the camper (a big tent Sears sewed up to go on the box he designed and built...it was great! And could she cook! She told us the reason her food tasted so good was because the outdoors was good for our appetites and made her cooking taste better...but she was awesome. How I so appreciate her great attitude and the lessons she and Dad taught us and the places we got to visit! And the love of camping and the great outdoors...Thanks so much, Mom and Dad xoxoxox

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
What a warm, wonderful tribute! I am sorry for your loss. But oh, the memories she blessed you with! How great! Those times are the ones you will carry with you for the rest of your life!
We never camped when I was growing up. But both my parents were the most delightful, fun, frustrating, infuriating, fantastic, loving people I have ever known. I think they would have like RVing alot if they had been given a chance. (I lost my Mom 31 years ago and my Dad 22 years ago.)
Please accept my sympathy in the loss of your Precious Lady.
Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
My mother gave me my wanderlust. She died a few years back and I still miss her. She would drag everyone out camping in a pop-up when I was a kid. I remember you could not touch the canvas or you would get a leak. It was really cold in the pop-up at night and it was small for a family. But my mom loved getting away and seeing the great outdoors.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I am sorry for your sudden loss of your mother. Your words reflect how much you cared for her.
It is nice that you found the info on the camper van and it brought back memories of camping as a child. Hold on to those memories. Peace to your Heart!

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very sorry for your loss. Nothing can ease the pain of losing a mother, but aren't happy memories the greatest comfort? From what you shared you must have many!

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry for your loss. What wonderful memories she has gifted you with - not only of her & your dad, but all those camping/RVing memories you have built since.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375