cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The worst interstate list

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've never heard of this site but they have compiled a list of the worst Interstate sections in the US. Note that they are referring to short sections of long highways, the Rhode Island section of I-95 for example not the entire length of the road. Texas has several contenders in the list.
List
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
22 REPLIES 22

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
I am not as well traveled as some here, but I thought I-80 around Gary Indiana was terrible. Rough roads, construction everywhere, terrible traffic jams!

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
We Cant Wait wrote:
tomkaren13 Sorry to disappoint you BUT I-86 goes no where within 50 miles of Gowanda NY. There WAS a section of I-86 between Olean and Salamanca that was bad but was resurfaced this summer.

I was on this road 3 years ago pulling our trailer. The road was in such bad shape, I had to slow to 30 mph and drive with my flashers on. For a state with such high fuel taxes you would think they would have more money for roads!

Glad to hear it has been resurfaced.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
RGar974417 wrote:
I would like to add I 75 around Atlanta. I've been on it twice and hated it both times.

It actually goes right thru the heart of Atlanta, and I've been on it many times and never thought that is was that bad. Sure you hit slow downs but they usually don't last that long.

People complaining about it should try driving thru St Louis, Chicago or DC.

Number 1 on my bad list has been I-64/70 thru St Louis. The surface was so bad it seemed to have been bombed and poorly patched.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting list. Route 66 makes sense but many other roads around DC could be on the list as well. Also, just for the roughness, the northern part of the NJ Turnpike coming from Ny or going into NY is the roughest road I have ever been on. Thought we would lose the trailer if not die.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
tomkaren13 Sorry to disappoint you BUT I-86 goes no where within 50 miles of Gowanda NY. There WAS a section of I-86 between Olean and Salamanca that was bad but was resurfaced this summer.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to add I 75 around Atlanta. I've been on it twice and hated it both times.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Not only short sections, but specifically for daily commuters that live there.

Either way this is an interesting list. That entire web site has some interesting stuff on it. Thanks for the link!
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Our experience we would say NY I 86 from Binghamton west is very bad. Especially where it gets near Gowanda.