cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'Think" I saw something this morning on GMA.

gloriebkj
Explorer
Explorer
They were showing people leaving the fire area of Yosemite. It went by very fast, but I saw a Class C in the line with it's awning out. I hope they were stopped and not moving. Hope everyone out there is safe.
gloriebkj
6 REPLIES 6

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Hey...one does what is necessary at the time

I quickly hooked and moved our 5th wheel with ALL slides still extended due to CG Flooding
Water was up to my ankles when I started unhooking electrical/sewer
By the time I got 5vr nose raised, truck backup under pin and 5vr hitched water was almost to my knees ---just below the door sill.

In a FIRE
Git ----- GO-----fix it later

Yup, you got to do what you got to do.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hey...one does what is necessary at the time

I quickly hooked and moved our 5th wheel with ALL slides still extended due to CG Flooding
Water was up to my ankles when I started unhooking electrical/sewer
By the time I got 5vr nose raised, truck backup under pin and 5vr hitched water was almost to my knees ---just below the door sill.

In a FIRE
Git ----- GO-----fix it later
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Panic is ugly and expensive.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
You did see it... The Class C first appears at 00:24 in the video. The awning looks badly damaged though, so I suspect they weren't able to stow it. Or it was damaged because they didn't have time to stow it.

Deadly wildfires in the west
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my local news it showed a film clip and indeed it was a Class C going down the road with a shredded awning with the arms still extended. So sad whats happening out there. Didn't look like there was much time to think about anything but getting the heck out.

TexasRangerRzR
Explorer
Explorer