cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

This is what happens when you don't pay attention

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Saw this on my way to DD house. Cable company was doing line work and had one way traffic, with signs and flager.
Tow in the ditch, and hammered PU.
Video
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"
14 REPLIES 14

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Doubling-down on assumptions does nothing more than make them doubly irrelevant.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
#1 The crash happened on a short section of rural road where most drivers go 65.

Iโ€™ve driven that stretch of road hundreds of times or more and itโ€™s very rare to even get up to 55 these days. Too many clueless, oblivious, fog-filled drivers around here. I miss the days when you could hit the speed limit there with nobody around.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
Another let's take a photo of an accident and make assumptions thread.

How about assuming the best of the driver and showing some empathy?

#1 The crash happened on a short section of rural road where most drivers go 65.

#2 I had been through there three times before that day and saw a couple rapid stops.

#3 Could have been a medical issue, but still my assumption that speed and zero following distance played a part.

Why make any assumption? Why have a thread bashing people who already have enough problems in their lives due to the accident. At any time one of these accidents could involve someone from this forum. Maybe someone you've met and enjoyed over the years.

If it had been you in the accident, I'm sure you would prefer not to be the subject of such assumptions. So why not give others the same courtesy?
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
toedtoes wrote:

#2 I had been through there three times before that day and saw a couple rapid stops.

#3 Could have been a medical issue, but still my assumption that speed and zero following distance played a part.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Not too long ago there was a single vehicle rollover accident that killed a passenger near my house. Everyone was making comments on the Fire Department's Facebook post very similar to some above... "must have not been paying attention, idiot was on their cell phone, jerk was probably trying to illegally pass someone". Then about 2 days later the driver's daughter posted that it was her father that was driving and he had a medical emergency. Her mother was the one that was killed.

So yeah, enough of the speculating when it comes to stuff like this. Nobody knows what happened and these are real people involved.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Love the back seat drivers again! NONE on this forum know what happened. No sense in second-guessing-serves no purpose at all. You don't know if an animal crossed the road, if the driver had a medical emergency or if there was another vehicle, bicycle or even a tractor on the roadside involved. Arrogance goeth before the car accident!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
down home wrote:
More than likely was on the phone was all.
You can tell that from a lousy video with no data whatsoever? Bit of a stretch innit?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I would sooner believe it was an arrogant, all-about-me, self-centered, bullish driver who thought they were the exception and didn't have to follow rules or, at least, practice common courtesy for people working on the side of the road, speeding or who knows ... no thought to the other guy or their surroundings and didn't give way to anyone else. This is the result!

Every day I drive into work, I have to deal with such drivers on the road who think they are the exceptions to everything and dangerously navigate through traffic, almost causing accidents. I see it every day.

Thank goodness, I actually listened to my drivers education instructor when I was 15 years old when he talked about "DEFENSIVE" driving. Unfortunately, in today's traffic, you have to anticipate every single vehicle on the road, going your direction, going opposite direction, and every single intersection, cross road, and driveway, store lot, anywhere, as if the other guy IS NOT going to do the right thing and always be prepared to slam on the brakes or play dodge ball with other vehicles. It the norm now. Not the exception any more.

More than likely was on the phone was all.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I always taught my kids that at least one out of any ten drivers shouldn't be allowed on the road due to inattention and incompetence. So keep looking around you at all times!
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I donโ€™t see anything other than a car in a ditch and something off in the grass. CAnt really tell anything.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I dunno, I couldn't make out much detail. Something off the road.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I would sooner believe it was an arrogant, all-about-me, self-centered, bullish driver who thought they were the exception and didn't have to follow rules or, at least, practice common courtesy for people working on the side of the road, speeding or who knows ... no thought to the other guy or their surroundings and didn't give way to anyone else. This is the result!

Every day I drive into work, I have to deal with such drivers on the road who think they are the exceptions to everything and dangerously navigate through traffic, almost causing accidents. I see it every day.

Thank goodness, I actually listened to my drivers education instructor when I was 15 years old when he talked about "DEFENSIVE" driving. Unfortunately, in today's traffic, you have to anticipate every single vehicle on the road, going your direction, going opposite direction, and every single intersection, cross road, and driveway, store lot, anywhere, as if the other guy IS NOT going to do the right thing and always be prepared to slam on the brakes or play dodge ball with other vehicles. It the norm now. Not the exception any more.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I was driving today in the middle lane of hwy.78 which is 3 Lanes in each direction. There was light traffic and we were going about 45 mph when the car to my left side in the fast lane get rear-ended. Look in my mirror and see a Mustang with the hood all taco'd up.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler