cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

This posted on FB by King's Campers, Wausau, WI :)

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
King's Campers of Wausau, Wisconsin posted this on Facebook.

Information, Please
The story is told of a lady who was rather old-fashioned, always quite delicate and elegant, especially in her language. She and her husband were planning a weekโ€™s vacation in Florida, so she wrote to a particular campground asking for a reservation. She wanted to make sure the campground was fully equipped, but didnโ€™t quite know how to ask about the toilet facilities. She just couldnโ€™t bring herself to write the word โ€œtoiletโ€ in her letter. After much deliberation, she finally came up with the old-fashioned term BATHROOM COMMODE. But when she wrote that down, she still thought she was being too forward. So she started all over again, rewrote the entire letter referring to the bathroom commode merely as the BC: โ€œDoes the campground have itโ€™s own BC?โ€ is what she actually wrote. Well, the campground owner wasnโ€™t old-fashioned at all and when he got the letter, he just couldnโ€™t figure out what the woman was talking about. That BC business really stumped him. After worrying about it for awhile, he showed the letter to several campers, but they couldnโ€™t imagine what the lady meant either. So the campground owner, finally coming to the conclusion that the lady must be asking about the local Baptist Church, sat down and wrote the following reply:
Dear Madam:
I regret very much the delay in answering your letter, but I now take pleasure in informing you that a BC is located nine miles north of the campground and is capable of seating 250 people at one time. I admit it is quite a distance away, if you are in the habit of going regularly, but no doubt you will be pleased to know that a great number of people take their lunches along and make a day of it. They usually arrive early and stay late. It is such a beautiful facility and the acoustics are marvelousโ€ฆeven the normal delivery sounds can be heard. The last time my wife and I went was six years ago, and it was so crowded we had to stand up the whole time we were there. It may interest you to know that right now a supper is planned to raise money to buy more seats. They are going to hold it in the basement of the BC. I would like to say it pains me very much not to be able to go more regularly, but it surely is no lack of desire on my part. As we grow old, it seems to be more of an effort, particularly in cold weather. If you do decide to come down to our campground, perhaps I could go with you the first time you go, sit with you, and introduce you to all the other folks. Remember, this is a friendly community.

ETA: I posted this on the humor board in Around The Campfire but it immediately moved here. Oh well.
----------------
This IS the correct forum as ATC is for strictly 'non-rv' related topics. (Mod)
Thanks, Kay
4 REPLIES 4

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you should have modified it to say she emailed the CG - who writes letters anymore? ๐Ÿ˜›
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
I heard that one back in the 70's. Glad to see it's still around and a classic to enjoy.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
In the original version I heard decades ago, the "BC" was "WC" for Water Closet, (which the campground owner interpreted as "Wayside Chapel"), but I guess water closet is more of a British term. Still funny after all these years!
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
LOL:E
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150