cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Title Question trade in

kartsahd
Explorer
Explorer
I want to buy a new truck. I have title in hand for the old one to trade in but it has both me and my wife's name on it with an "and" in between (not what I told them to do, I said "or") did not notice until now :(. She is in another state and will not be home for some time. There are good deals to be had and I would like to buy this week. I called and talked to their finance people and they said we both need to be there to sign over title. It seems to me this could be done through faxing or something. Anybody run in to anything like this and how did you get it done. I even said I could mail it to her and have her sign it but they said there was other paperwork she would have to be there for???:?
24 REPLIES 24

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
She can send you a power of attorney to do it. Been there done that. Google around for your state's requirements. Have her get it notarized and overnight it to you.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan, I agree but OP says she will not be back for some time. I think it depends on how long some time is ๐Ÿ™‚

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes there is a work around. Make the deal. Sign your name for the new truck. Have your wife sign when she gets back. Will they do it? IF they want to sell the truck they will. Its just that easy.

They do it all the time
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
That assumes, riven, that the finance company will finance both parties with a POA for one acting for the other. They may...at a higher interest rate. Nothing surprises me regarding finance companies. Because of this none of my investments are in finance companies.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
overnight fedex or she could do a power of attorney and fedex it to you.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I bet the dealer has a work around. They do this all day long.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Prior planning prevents poor performance. You are married. Marriage in Oklahoma may prevent you from buying with financing a new vehicle without your partner's approval....unless you pay cash in full.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
FEDEX her the title have her sign it in front of a notary. She sends it back to you. Eze peeze
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Call or go into your DMV office in your town or in the town closest to you which has one. Take title with you and talk with someone that does the title work.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I reckon you could send her the info, then get her to sign it in front of a legal official to verify her signature, then send it back to you. Short of that, I doubt anything will work.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel