cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

toilet paper ....

2Ambros
Explorer
Explorer
So ... what is the consensus on tp? I have read several different things..... use 1 ply, use regular ole charmin, use rv tp. I know some people who do not flush any tp at all. Any advice on this important subject matter ? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Just us & Molly the wonder-lab !
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift
2006 Ford F150 4x4
1988 Sierra Cobra, 'Griswald'

We are way too adventurous to be ordinary!
29 REPLIES 29

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Some flush, some trash can. Freedom of disposal.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
camperpaul wrote:
Yup - the annual T.P. thread ...
Anything that is Non-Skid, Puncture Proof and Reversible works for me. I especially enjoy hearing from those that throw used toilet paper into a waste basket and not the toilet...One of the grossest things I ever heard of..I use lots of water without chemicals and flush my tank every 4 days or so..That's all..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wife has been buying the stuff advertised for RVs. As near as I can tell it doesn't matter unless you use the stuff, that is like wax paper or whatever.
Would like to find some, proper sized rolls, with the small tube or yore. The new stuff has less, on a roll and the roll won't stay on the toilet paper hanger or bracket or whatmacalit.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Here we go again......:S

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fellow that did the test on the Sewer Solution
HERE

used different types of TP in his test and found the RV/Marine TP was one of the worst performers. He notes this on the second page of his post.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Scott Septic Safe 1 ply from Walmart or most grocery stores.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had my share of toilet paper problems this winter. I could see in my clear elbow that it was coming out whole and in bursts. We started comparing papers. There are some that will not break down. Even in chemicals that claims it will in theirs. Came to a conclusion to test what you purchase use plenty of water then use more water. If you are in full hook ups thats no problem other than having to dump more often. Boon docking you have to be more careful so deal with it how you have too. Women are notorious for using WAY more paper than us men think is necessary so you are own on dealing with that sensitive problem.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

AdirondackJack
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the "Sewer Solution" and started experimenting with different brands/types of tp. We found Scott single ply, extra soft works well with both systems, ours and the SS.
2011 Excel 30RSO, 32', 3 slides, 4-Season 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty, 6.2L V8, 385hp

Exploring & writing about life along the Snowbird RV Routes

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
You could experiment with whatever you choose by putting some in a glass jar filled with water. Shake it a bit, if you want to simulate transport. Observe what happens to the TP.

Thats what what I do too....you can use a piece of kleneex or any nose tissue to see what you don't want (doesn't break up).
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
When we first got a MH I got a pack of the RV TP, didn't like it. Then I read an article where they used different TP in water and the RV TP did not dissolve any faster than regular TP. That sold me. You put chemicals in to dissolve stuff so I don't see any problem. Haven't had any problems. I use what we use at home. Charmin.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
doxiemom11 wrote:
We use anything that says septic safe. Always a 2 ply though. Lots of water and no problem in 3 yrs full time.

x2. Septic safe works for us.

And, lets not talk about the people that put used toilet paper in the

trash can. :E

Yup.....:B

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
Oh gee whiz,just when it was starting to get interesting,Caveman Charlie
comes up with a thread stopping video.:)

I would just like to add my usual remark...."RV means Really Valuable".
That is the only reason for the inflated price of anything with RV in the description.
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDLXXRVe2pc
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
And, lets not talk about the people that put used toilet paper in the trash can.

Well since you brought the subject up. I haven't tried this but have heard that if you save up those wipings in a paper bag sitting by the stool :R, you can toss them one at a time into he camp fire for some neat flame effects. :h