cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Insurance

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam has a new (to me) Travel Insurance that provides transportation for the RVer and Family and RV back to home if you have serious health issues while traveling and cannot under a doctors orders, get yourself and RV back home.... this is also suppose to provide a service from outside the USA...

Here is the question... Does anyone have this and have you used it and did it work like it says?

Thanks
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad
6 REPLIES 6

GS_TravelAssist
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your question, JAXFL.

We have some testimonials on our website. You can follow this link if you'd like:

http://www.goodsamtravelassist.com/testimonials.aspx

You can also explore some more aspects of our TravelAssist programs by following this like:

http://www.goodsamtravelassist.com/

Thanks for your interest!

Regards,

Austin

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Read the fine print. We were in a campground where a man fell off his roof and had a neck injury. It didn't cover him - don't know the reason.

As help, if there are two of you both of you should know how to drive the RV.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I buy this insurance on a per-trip basis. Some countries require it for entry (e.g. Czech Republic) but I've never had the documents examined. I haven't had to use it, but fellow travelers have, issues like emergency room trips for dehydration, sprains and broken limbs from falls. One trip we had two "return of remains" cases.

I've looked at Good Sam's plan as a full-time, low cost alternatives, but it is focused mostly on RVer needs, has too many restrictions and exclusions for the foreign travel I also do.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Do not have Good Sam, but this is a standard benefit of being an FMCA member. You might look into the price of an FMCA membership vs. what Good Sam charges for premiums.

You better look at the FMCA benefit again it has 2 caveats;
From their contract.
Should the member, due to a medical condition, be unable to drive his/her vehicle back to his/her permanent primary residence within the United States, Mexico, or Canada, Seven Corners will arrange and pay to have a designated service return the vehicle to the memberโ€™s home, provided:

a) The member has been transported under either the โ€œemergency medical evacuation/repatriationโ€ or โ€œreturn of mortal remainsโ€ benefits; and
b) no one in the memberโ€™s traveling party is capable of driving, or proficient and competent to drive, the memberโ€™s vehicle. The vehicle must be in good condition and capable of being safely driven on the highway in compliance with local laws.

1. Emergency medical evacuation/repatriation
The plan will pay covered expenses incurred if any covered injury or illness that commences during the period of coverage results in the medically necessary emergency medical evacuation or repatriation (i.e., the memberโ€™s medical condition warrants immediate transportation from the medical facility where he or she is located to the nearest medical facility that is capable of furnishing the required level and type of care for the applicable illness or injury as determined by the attending physician in consultation with the Seven Corners medical director).

So if you get sick and go directly to a hospital that can treat you and you have to fly home after NO BENEFIT IS PAYABLE AS YOU DID NOT MEET THe part A of their coverage
If your other half gets ill and has to go home after being released from the hospital NO BENEFIT is payable as you are capable of driving the rig Part B

ONly if you have to be evacuated from one hospital to another for treatment because the hospital you are in cannot treat you ( a rarity in the USA) will they help transport your rig home and only if the other person CANNOT drive the rig. Seems the odds on the lottery are better.

Good Sam has about the same restriction
RV/Vehicle Return
WE will return YOUR automobile, motorcycle, non-commercial
truck or RV to YOUR PERMANENT PRIMARY RESIDENCE or
place of rental within 90 days of the incident if:
WE approved transporting YOU to YOUR PERMANENT
PRIMARY RESIDENCE under either the EMERGENCY MEDICAL
EVACUATION, TRANSPORTATION AFTER STABILIZATION, or
RETURN OF DECEASED REMAINS,; OR

2.YOU have not been transported under the services listed
above but YOUR documented INJURY or ILLNESS (which
does NOT require Hospitalization) prevents YOU from
driving the RV/Vehicle.
TRAVELASSIST will authorize this service only if no one in
YOUR traveling party is capable of driving the RV/vehicle

So GoodSam does not require evacuation in order for the RV return portion to kick in BUT IF SOMEONE in your party can drive it NO BENEFIT IS PAYABLE.

THis is better than FMCA
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
I have it but have not used it. And I hope I never need it. I also hope it worked better that their road side wait and wait service.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do not have Good Sam, but this is a standard benefit of being an FMCA member. You might look into the price of an FMCA membership vs. what Good Sam charges for premiums.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox