Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using slide outs when RV not level

aruba
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

Can a slide out be used with the trailer is not on level ground? Will it be thrown out of alignment? We never had a trailer with slides and will be loading it this week and don't want to damage anything. The incline is my driveway, and it is slightly sloped.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I never park our MH unless I get it as level as possible when fridge is running of course. If just parking, I'd still try to keep it as level as I could. I carry 2x6" boards of different lengths.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If my trailer is listing to one side the slide really struggles to work. You might keep that in mind.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Be concerned more about having the frame not twisted rather than not level. If the frams is square, a bit off level should not hurt the slides. Just have it supported firmly and evenly.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
It really won't hurt the slideouts at all, but the refrigerator that's a different story. You gotta be within one bubble on your level for the fridge...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Also might want to have the rear jacks down to stop any flexing. As long as the slope is not to steep,should be no problem.

Any way to level it before you extend the slides and load it?
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
No problem slight incline short periods of time ....

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you'd want the trailer to be level no matter what or else you could damage the fridge if you are running it. As long as the TT is somewhat level you should be fine.