cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water softener

Greengiant
Explorer
Explorer
who uses a softener, what kind, brand? I presently use a Water Boss, but it has become too burdensome when packing up.
6 REPLIES 6

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
We use the SoftCell system. www.softcellwater.com
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also use the "On the Go" double standard unit. We have hard water where we are in Texas and this keeps all hard water spots off our sinks, shower and facets. We also have a stacked W/D and my wife says the clothes are cleaner with the softener. We can go three weeks before a regen is needed using the W/D every other day.
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have use On-The-Go Brand water softener........Portable unit (like the FlowPur 8000)

Have used it for 7 yrs. in hardwater areas

Easy to use
Easy to regen
Easy to stow
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Isn't WB a full size residential unit?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
If storage space is an issue the Mark 8000 is a smaller 8000 grain unit also sold by Flowpur. I have a mark 8000 but the 10,000 unit mentioned above is the best choice if you have the room.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
we spend our summers in South Dakota and winters in Texas .... both areas have very hard water with the worst being in Texas hill country near Medina Lake .... based on the experiences related by friends we now use a RV-PRO 10,000 Portable Water Softener .... with free shipping, the cost shown in the link is the best I've seen .... they have excellent customer support .... I like the fact that their system uses regular table salt

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS