Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are you reading?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Let's share book ideas!

I'm currently reading Huckleberry Finn. Haven't read it since I was a kid and, no surprise, it's a lot more complex than I remembered :). And a good traveling book!

Also highly recommended, from my just-finished pile, Motoring with Mohammed. It's nothing about war -- it's a travelogue from the 80s, about Yemen. Beautifully written.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
540 REPLIES 540

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Dragoon Teeth ............ Michael Crichton A very good semi real adventure looking for bones in 1875. Well done.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
the first rule Robert Crais.................. Elvis cole book not bad they are mostly the same ... good wins in the end.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bedford Square, by Anne Perry. Working my way through the entire series.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reading "The Long Shot" with "The Chinaman" on the night stand. Both By Stephen Leather.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
obvious fact by Craig Johnson................... Good Walt Longmire book good plot and fun to read.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I keep going back to "Wilderness and the American Mind" by Roderick Nash. I was reading the John Muir chapter last week in Yosemite in a wall tent.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
bigred1cav wrote:
Another Roadside Attraction, Tom Robbins

Good one. I used to live the Skagit Valley and on Camano Island. I packed crabs with the Indians near LaConner where Fishtown used to be. Haven't read that book in almost 50 years.

roxy13019
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie wrote:
What do you all do with all the books you read? I have so many of them. I try to give them to other readers, but in the colder months I read so many, and my friends are beginning to at they don't have time to read. Our Library , if you hand them to them, sells them in their second hand sales. My books are all new. I am the only reader and my books still look new when I am ready to have them depart. So, that kinda offends me.

We donate our books to the local nursing home and the Veterans home. They're happy to have them.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Parrothead Mike wrote:
Plum Island by Nelson DeMille. This is a bit older ('97), but when I find an author I like I tend to try to read all the author's previous books, not necessarily in order. Then when one of my previously read authors comes out with a new book it's really joy to read that same author again.

You might like to try Steve Hamilton, he is a Michigan author and if you know the UP around Paradise you will be doubly rewarded.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Plum Island by Nelson DeMille. This is a bit older ('97), but when I find an author I like I tend to try to read all the author's previous books, not necessarily in order. Then when one of my previously read authors comes out with a new book it's really joy to read that same author again.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bethlehem Road, by Anne Perry
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Insight Guide to Alaska & The Milepost

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dedmiston
Cancer on Five Dollars a Day (chemo not included) by Bob Schimmel

and

Win Bigly by Scott Adams

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Another Roadside Attraction, Tom Robbins

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer