cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are your fall camping plans?

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
Fall is our favorite time of the year for camping. We usually stay close to home to enjoy the great AR fall weather. The weather is usually good thru November with the occasional short cold snap. We have at least three trips planned. Heading to Branson for a long Labor Day weekend then going to Beaver Lake in NW AR for a week later in October. We like to hit some of the craft fairs up there. But my favorite is our annual trip to the National Forrest to meet up with our friends at deer camp. We stay at least a week and sometimes longer if the weather is OK. Living off the grid in the middle of nowhere is the way to go. We take turns cooking and the food is fantastic. Lots of dutch oven cooking and cast iron kettles over the campfire.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".
44 REPLIES 44

Kidsgone
Explorer
Explorer
We're starting in Oct with a week stay at Cardinal Ridge Farm RV & B in Franklin, NC. Then venture north...hopefully. We may be downsizing to a one story, 2 bedroom townhouse and if this happens, might put a kink in our fall plans. BUT, love the Biltmore in Ashville when its decorated for Christmas!
Safe travels everyone!
Andi

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
knshook wrote:
We are heading to the Eastern Sierras. Sometimes there is a pretty good cold snap and we are able to see the Aspens turn but not always. We love the area and usually stay near Tom's Place off 395. Lots of excellent fishing between Twin Lakes-Bishop. The only concern has been the drought, and fires are always a concern when things are so dry.

Yes, this! We plan to go hang out for a few days in one of the Forest Service campgrounds in Walker Canyon and then make our way down to Lone Pine or Bishop.

I also want to go see Berlin Ichthyasaurus State Park in the middle of nowhere Nevada.

Then there's the Blackrock Desert after all of the Burners have left...

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
This is the first year I've been able to travel in the fall as I just retired in June after 30+ years of teaching elementary school. I'm heading to Maine the day after Labor Day for a couple of weeks. Guess I'll have to watch for that Polar Vortex that someone mentioned! I'm looking forward to a less busy coastline, and campgrounds.
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

dmeck
Explorer
Explorer
We have our annual fall trip to treasure lake in branson planned.

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Spleenstomper wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
RobWNY wrote:
We have plans for a few days in a State Park near us in mid October to enjoy the fall leaf colors and weather permitting do some kayaking. There's reports of the Polar Vortex hitting our area with a foot of snow predicted in late September for our area so we're keeping our fingers crossed that we get to paddle down a lake rather than calling our Kayak a sled and using it on snow covered hills.
You really could have gone the rest of the year without saying that, if you get a foot in Sept., I'm gonna be screwed in New England.

Polar vortex gave us *8* snow days off school-- I even bought sleds from amazon. Killed my lemon and lime trees, half my front lawn and half of the annuals in my garden...

Not looking forward to another year of polar vortex!!!!!

LOL, I feel your pain. We live in the metro-Atlanta area--enuff said! We didn't lose anything, thankfully, but I don't know if we can tolerate the kind of cold and ice that we had last winter. Let's hope that most of the snow and ice stays north of the Mason-Dixon line where it belongs!
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

Community Alumni
Not applicable
On or around October 3rd we'll begin our trek to Myrtle Beach (SC) from Montreal. We take it easy and travel 4 days to enjoy the fall colors; stop early each day and relax.

We'll come home at the end of October then head back down after Christmas for the winter.

BeckyIO
Explorer
Explorer
After my work camping gig in Zion National Park ends at the end of September, I'm driving up near Reno, NV to start the holiday season at Amazon. I'm looking forward to fall color at Lake Tahoe when I get there, pictures I see of that lake look so beautiful.
Becky
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love.
Lessons on the full-time RVing journey (my blog): Interstellar Orchard

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We love to camp in the fall also. Here in WA they have a Senior Discount for the State Parks mid October and we take full advantage of it as it costs $50. but full service campgrounds are about $8 a night so we quickly make up the money. The parks are often quiet and the wildlife has returned from hiding from the kids, and having a nice fire in the chill of the evening is our idea of heaven.

ncfd410
Explorer
Explorer
Fall means overnight camping at Beaver Stadium parking lot and possibly a trip to South bend for a Notre Dame game for the DW.
Ed and Muriel
2013 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar 35 F

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
ams1130 wrote:
lakeside013104 wrote:
We are headed for Alaska by way of Maine and south to Florida and west to Arizona and on to Alaska. Should be a nice fall and more seasons trip!

Lakeside

Yes, I'd say that's quite the fall trip! Safe travels.

Thank you ams1130. Look for a brown Bighorn with a blue F-350 towing it, both bearing Maine plates. The coffee pot will be on and the welcome mat always out. Safe travels back at ya!

Lakeside

ams1130
Explorer
Explorer
lakeside013104 wrote:
We are headed for Alaska by way of Maine and south to Florida and west to Arizona and on to Alaska. Should be a nice fall and more seasons trip!

Lakeside

Yes, I'd say that's quite the fall trip! Safe travels.
Ford F150
2014 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer

Lakeside

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
All of our camping takes place between 1st of May and the middle of August up in Southwestern Colorado. Fall time is reserved for our annual trip up to the Northwest part of the country to visit with DD & SiL over on gorgeous San Juan Island. Life is fantastic & gettin better everyday.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

hartb1999
Explorer
Explorer
leaving alberta to kelona winefest ,then west coast was.oreg.palm springs 3 wweeks ,then to casagrande yaaaaaaaaaaaaa