cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What're your favorite external clip-on mirrors

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
My Arctic Fox is 8.5 ft. wide and my Land Cruiser's stock mirrors dont give me a good view behind. So I'm looking for a pair of exceptional clip-ons. I've got the Grand Aeros but they give a somewhat distorted view and they vibrate. Plus since they fasten to the stock mirrors, sometimes the wind rush from an oncoming semi actually folds my driver side mirror in. I'm now eyeing CIPA Deluxe mirrors that strap onto the door, but they get mixed reviews on Amazon.

So I'm asking what mirrors have worked best for you?
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
13 REPLIES 13

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
BTW. My truck has the turn signal in the mirror. CIPA gave me a choice as to which mirror I needed for my truck, and the ones I bought have the turn signal area slotted so they can still be seen.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
CIPA...the only ones I could ever find that didn't vibrate and did the job.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too had use from those mirrors. They looked like they belonged on the truck. Mine fit my old 2005 F150.

Terryallan wrote:
I use CIPA slip on mirrors. custom made for my truck. Easy on easy off, No vibration, Nothing touching my paint.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

bailer6334
Explorer
Explorer
While the CIPA appear to be the best they are vehicle specific and they are not available for all vehicle make/years or models. Research is needed to determine if they are made for your vehicle.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
2016 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L DMAX 4WD
Equalizer 4 Point WDH

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about the 8.5' wide, but mine works just fine for an 8' wide. K Source.

Apparently K Source only lists Sequoia and Tundra. Does yours look like this?

Here is the Land Cruiser mirror. Can't tell if it is the same as the Tundra. Might not be.

One of these might work if you can't find a custom fit like the K Source clip on. They get good reviews. They clamp to the bottom or top of the mirror case. A stiff case would be needed for these to work well.

http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-grand-aero3-towing-mirror-set.html

http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-aero3-towning-mirror-set.html

2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
I had a set of McKesh. Drove approximately 80 miles on a wet winter day. I then spent a grand repainting the doors on my truck where the wet straps combined with vibration and road grit sanded the paint off.
One off them hangs in the shed the other has been modified to fit the loader tractor.
I have CIPA

PapaNIes60
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
I use CIPA slip on mirrors. custom made for my truck. Easy on easy off, No vibration, Nothing touching my paint.

Agree 100%. Hands down the best add on towing mirrors I have ever used. They are not a one size fits all. They are ordered per your TV model.

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
McKesh. Pricey, yes, but the last set of mirrors you'll ever need.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what they are called, but my dad used a set of these when towing his travel trailer in 1963. I used them in 1990 towing our first pop-up. I used them again for our first TT with our Suburban, then when we got our first dualy truck, the mirrors extended, no longer needed these. Somewhere over the last 2 or 3 moves to new houses, they've gotten lost. But they do work very nice. They clip under the hood and onto the wheel well fender. Then the turn-buckle tightens them down. I do remember there was a bit of shake, but after 40 years of use, I suppose they had a right to be a bit shaky. Funny, these haven't changed a bit in 40 years, except for that plastic knob to turn the turn-buckle. My old set did not have that knob.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best I've found are the Grand Aeros....sorry, guess I can't be of much help!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Explorer
Explorer
HERE
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Highly recommend McKesh.

McKesh from Hensley Mfg.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU