cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's with the change of the forum????

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
I really don't like the new stuff with additional ads and the very annoying recent search thingy that pops up on the left side of the screen. Let's go back to the way it was. Hey DickA,wassup???:?:?
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)
20 REPLIES 20

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Don't see ANY of that annoying stuff.

Mozilla Firefox with AD Blocker.

As Biscuit implied: What ads? I don't see not stinking ads.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bigwheelsturnin
Explorer
Explorer
it's in your browser add ons....just go uninstall...
we call it...ridin the gravy train...

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use to fight this junk all the time. What you got stuck with was a CPV marketing virus. CPV stands for cost per view and that means that someone was paying for every one of those little pop ups that you saw...

Like I said, I use to fight this junk all the time. Then I bought a Mac and changed to an all Apple home environment... No more virus, no more junk.

Typed from my iPad Mini without any annoying ads!!!

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
At this time, there's a Good Sam ad, but until you mentioned ads, I didn't even notice. I ignore everything but the posts.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Go in via Woodalls Portal and use Firefox browser with Ad-Bloc plus.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Don't see ANY of that annoying stuff.

Mozilla Firefox with AD Blocker.

I don't either and i'm using IE V10
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad you found and fixed the problem. A good practice is to always install updates from the program itself rather than from pop-up 'notices'.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I normally use the TRAILERLIFE portal to get on the RV.NET.. This seems to have less advertising associated with it. I also use FIREFOX browser.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Bigdog wrote:
Finally got rid of it. It appears it came in piggyback on a fake install when I was updating Adobe Flash player. Man,they can get you any way they want today. It really looked for real. I am now going thru my control panel to find things that shouldn't be there. I have found 6 new programs downloaded today that I never downloaded.They're all gone.

I am glad you took care of that annoying problem...Happy Camping!!:W
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got rid of it. It appears it came in piggyback on a fake install when I was updating Adobe Flash player. Man,they can get you any way they want today. It really looked for real. I am now going thru my control panel to find things that shouldn't be there. I have found 6 new programs downloaded today that I never downloaded.They're all gone.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't see any of that annoying stuff either.

BUT ... I'm using good old Internet Explorer, Version 9, with it's tools adjusted to block adds, plus some other adjustable blocking capabilities tweaked.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on a Mac using Safari and I don't have the pop-up ads.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
It's not the forum. Running IE on mine and none of the stuff you're talking about appear on my screen.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Free_Range_Huma
Explorer
Explorer
That's an adware "virus" you've got. It will show up on other websites you visit, too. Find out its name and Google how to get rid of it. If you use Chrome, it will have installed itself as an extension you probably can't deactivate normally (don't know about other browsers). This has happened to us, on two different computers, 2 or 3 times. The last one took me about an hour to find out how to dig that damn thing out.

You can TRY rolling back to your computer's last restore point, but that didn't help me on the last one.

P.S. Oops, sorry. I see you figured it out earlier, don't know how I missed your post. FWIW, you will seldom know how you got it. Here's the removal guide for the yours: How to remove WebGet adware (Virus Removal Guide)