cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's your favorite electric shaver?

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
This is RV related since we have very little fresh water capacity in our class B. DH shaves the old fashioned way - with a razor and shaving cream. It takes lots of water so I'd really like to get a good electric shaver.

He's particular about having a close shave. Any recommendations?

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
36 REPLIES 36

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
OP here...

Thanks so much for everyone's input!

There seems to be a pretty good consensus, so we just ordered the Braun Series 7 shaver.

Looking forward to it!

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

MrWizard
all this talk about shaving made me itch, now i have to go shave ๐Ÿ˜ž
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
Braun as well for me for my electric.
But, I like a nice close shave too and can do it with minimal water usage - half full sink of hot water is enough to rinse off the blade and brush, I use the brush and tub of shaving cream method.
I'm lucky that I have a friend in Italy that supplies me with a periodic shipment of my favourite shaving cream - Figaro Crema Da Barba.
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Definately Braun. Over they years, I have tried and used about every brand out there. the Braun series are the only ones that have done a good job and have lasted. The series 7 and the series 9 have a recharging station that cleans the heads after every shave. That keeps the blades clean, sharp, and lubricated. With others I have had to replace heads frequently, with the Brauns, never. They are a bit more expensive, but last a lot longer, and have always given be a shave almost as close as a blade. And a lot less fuss. Here is a link, you can get them either at Best Buy or Walmart, but I would recommend Best Buy for several reasons.

Braun shavers

I have two Braun System 360 shavers and one cleaning/recharging station. Both are over 10 years old and all I have ever done to them is replace the cutter/screen every couple of years. Why do I have two? In case one dies I have a spare. I haven't shaved with a blade in so long I would probably not remember how.

For a closer electric shave, shave before you shower. Dry skin gives you a closer shave. I had to switch my procedure after giving up the blade, but sure glad I did.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up a Braun series 7, was always a blade shaver before that. Took a while to get used to, it's not like you get a clean shave by just running it over your face once, you have to go every which way. I'm happy with it now, 7 or 8 months in. Still using the original blade pack, which aren't cheap, and hoping to get a year or so out of it.

I clean it more or less every day. The cleaning station is nice but I don't take it on my travels, I clean it manually.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, for several decades I have only used Norelco with three floating rotary heads. I tried the ones with screens and they don't fit my face. (flat top)
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Norelco for use with shaving gel. Great, close shave that way, but without gel its dry shaving ability is not so good. Dry, there is no beating the Braun. The higher end ones have stronger motors and better cutter-comb sets than their low end models. Mine must be 8 or 10 years old now... still buzzing along.

I tried Panasonics too, and they are nothing special, but for travel I got one that runs on 2 AA cells.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

KCFDCapt
Explorer
Explorer
I used to swear by Norelco until I bought a Braun Series 7. Never again with any electric shaver but a Braun. Closer, smoother and with the cleaning system it stays clean and sanitized.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
I retired 6 years ago, my razor retired the next day.......
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
dcmac214 wrote:
....my wet shave is a 20-25 minute ritual....

You must be shave everything!

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I just let it grow. I figure if it grows there, it's supposed to be there.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Norelco but after seeing the replies I may consider switching to Braun....

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
A wet shave that takes 20-25 minutes?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Like others I much prefer my old-fashioned DE, brush and soap.

That said, I travel extensively at work and carry a Norelco simply because an electric shave is only a couple minutes whereas my wet shave is a 20-25 minute ritual. The Norelco runs at least 3 weeks between charges and does give a good shave.

I'm not being snarky here, just stating from nearly 4 decades of Army experience;) Hubby can do it all in a pint or less: water + steel pot (or Kevlar insert) = daily shave and bathe.

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
I've used an electric shaver for 30 years. I only use Braun.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L