cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where are you NOT camping this summer.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the other members started a thread asking where you plan to camp this summer. What places are you going to avoid this summer and what is your reasons?

For Example : such and such place is to crowded, such and such place is doing remodeling this year, such and such place is over priced.

Lets try to be polite to one another. After all we all like different things but, maybe you can post something that will help someone else with similar likes avoid a bad experience.
45 REPLIES 45

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
About the only place that's off the table is West Virginia. Only because that's where we did our 'big' trip last summer, and we usually don't repeat until a few years have gone by.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's not exactly camping, but I mostly RV in New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
any private owned cgs. we are state park/fed park etc people.
other than that we will go anywhere we find what parks we like.
never anywhere that is cold. we are 99 deg. beach people ๐Ÿ™‚

Sultan1966
Explorer
Explorer
Anywhere in New Jersey as they are anti-gun and I am retired law enforcement from Tennessee.
2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV with Cummins 425hp ISL (Louie) with 2005 Chevrolet Silverado (Roscoe) with Golf Cart in back (Forrest Gump).
Wife, I and our two dogs are Full-Timers

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
weathershak wrote:
I am not going anywhere in California because I like to run my Genny.

Huuuuuhh .... every month I run our rig's genny right here in our California backyard to keep it exercised!! :B

P.S. This summer we're NOT going anywhere in the Eastern/Southern U.S..

Yep, have no clue what he's talking about.
Been running my genny in California for over 10 years, national/state/County parks.

Rules are no different than other areas of the country.
I have never seen or heard of any campground in the country, that allows running a generator during nighttime hours.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
weathershak wrote:
I am not going anywhere in California because I like to run my Genny.

Huuuuuhh .... every month I run our rig's genny right here in our California backyard to keep it exercised!! :B

P.S. This summer we're NOT going anywhere in the Eastern/Southern U.S..
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Most any spot over $40 a night!

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
AJBert wrote:
I won't be camping anywhere outside the state of Colorado. Truthfully, there is no need to from my point of view.

And, yes, I have been around the US and the world a few times over. Not to say I've seen everything there is to see but I enjoy my home much more than all of the traveling.

Indeed. We'll be wishing we still were there this summer. The first time my BIL visited after we moved to Leadville, he looked around from my deck and asked, "Where do you go when you go camping? You're already here!"
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie, Hadn't thought much about it, but... Probably won't be driving to Hawaii! :B memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Won't be camping in California. Too far to drive and not enough time off.
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
We will not be camping anywhere except where we are planted in our new park model! Motor home sold and now we are starting a new chapter being seasonal near our grand children.
See you on the road!

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:
I won't be camping anywhere outside the state of Colorado. Truthfully, there is no need to from my point of view.

And, yes, I have been around the US and the world a few times over. Not to say I've seen everything there is to see but I enjoy my home much more than all of the traveling.

Same here. After traveling all over the place last summer, when I got back to W. Colorado, I asked myself why I hadn't just stayed close to home, as it was just as pretty or more so.

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
For the first time since 2006 we will be home in Bermuda for May & June. Usually by May we have many miles behind us. Not this year.

This year the Americas Cup Yacht Racing is being held here in Bermuda. Can't wait. Got myself a job running one of the spectator area marshal boats. That means better than front row position to watch the fastest foiling 45' sailing catamarans on earth race at speeds upwards of 45mph. A true once in a lifetime experience.

Will post pics.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995