cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to park when needing to Fly

tvinson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. My wife and I are from Idaho and will be in Colorado for a few weeks and then are flying out of the Denver airport. We will have our 15ft trailer with us. Where can we park it for only one week?!!!! Thanks for any advice.
11 REPLIES 11

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
For one week, I would leave it at a RV park. Many have on-a-site storage rates that are lower than the rate when you are occupying it.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Many private campgrounds (Nearly all Thousand Trails campgrounds) have storage lots, You might also check with an RV dealer near Denver. Beyond that my Denver contacts moved to the San Francisco bay.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I would definitely call the local CG's. Most always have an area for storage at storage rate.

If it were me if they didn't have storage area I would just pay for a CG site at a CG near there that had the lowest rate and park it there.

IMHO that would be the 'safest' place to leave your RV and/or truck and take a taxi to the airport. If you deducted the rate to park your truck at the airport from the total CG fee I bet the additional difference would be nominal.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Call around at the nearby airport motels. Many will let you leave it there if you spend the previous night. They will also have a shuttle to take you to the airport.

Or...some RV parks have a storage area that they might be willing to let you leave it there. We did that one time when we ferried up to Alaska.

Good luck!

That is a good idea. I would check though as some hotels shuttle the vehicles to other lots so they should be aware of your vehicle type before choosing this route.

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call around at the nearby airport motels. Many will let you leave it there if you spend the previous night. They will also have a shuttle to take you to the airport.

Or...some RV parks have a storage area that they might be willing to let you leave it there. We did that one time when we ferried up to Alaska.

Good luck!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
They're probably concerned about your trailer fitting through their security gates; just guessing.

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
Parking is tight at Denver due to construction. There are a few private lots that are operating nearby, as well as a WallyPark that is on the rental car road. Might try them.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Fred_Sheri
Explorer
Explorer
How about check the local Good Sam club,a member should have a spot for you.

tvinson
Explorer
Explorer
I actually checked with them, should have mentioned that. The place I contacted said they only take regular size vehicles, even though my trailer would only take up one space. Thanks for the response.

tanman32225
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess at the long term parking lot at the airport. Probably charge you for two vehicles if your leaving the car.