RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sewer hose connectors question

do they make a Y connector for rv sewer hoses? I am think of the future of putting a shed with a washing machine outside of our travel trailer which is on a permanent site and am trying to figure the best way of connecting the drain to the sewer conn...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Temporary Truck camper tie-down.

Need advice on temporary tying down a truck camper in the 8' bed of my Ram 3500 to transport it 250 miles home. I have to move it before I will have time to order the correct tie-downs.Please some serious input on this.Thanks, Skidmark

Buying land to park your RV

Have anyone brought land in mountain communities in southern California area to use as your 2nd vacation spot? If so, what are your experiences (good or bad) . Any advice for newbies? thanks

Wish List to design better RVs

We haven't done this in awhile: a thread about our wish list for improvements in RV design in the hopes manufacturers will take notice and make a more practical and reliable RV. One suggestion from the past has begun to be offered - the hot water on ...

Do I need an weight distributing hitch for my Colorado?

I have traded in my 5th wheel, which was pulled by an F250,for a small TT. I bought a new Chevy Colorado with a payload limit of 1510 lbs. and a towing limit of 7,000 lbs. The new trailer just arrived at the dealer and I will be picking it up in tw...

VTLee by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter INSULATOR/COVER for the Ceiling A/C Vent?

I have all three (3) Fan Vents taken care of for the Winter with the Camco Vent Insulators. They are wonderful and insert in a Snap! Not a single tool needed!!! If memory serves me correctly they are 14" X 14" X 3" thick and fit snug into the vent...

Fosters by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Holding tank heater question?

The camper we have now has holding tank heaters and I don't know if I should cut them on and off depending on the temperatures or just leave them on for the duration of the winter. Gets below freezing most nights but gets above freezing during the da...

ulvik by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

N/ew? hitch camera

in my Cabelas catalog they show a New hopkins smart hitch camera on sale for 99.99. that plugs into the existing tow wiring with a 3.5 " color monitor. seems like a good solution to that issue.bumpy

BigWig airbags

I've levelled my truck, lifted the nose to be the same height as the rear when unloaded. When we go away we have A LOT of stuff in the box sometimes including 700 pounds of water and the tongue weight of our trailer is 1400 pounds. To keep it from s...

Freezing Temps And Tanks Not Draining

We moved out of our house and have to finish up a couple of things before leaving, and in comes the freezing temps to central KS. We are in a new to us, 2310 Hi Lo. My husband put a gallon of RV anti-freeze down both the gray and black water tanks....

Mitsubishi Mirage, nice choice for a toad.

It would seem that a lot of people don't even know about the little Mitsubishi Mirage. Having owned one for 18 months, I love it! 2015 Mirage ES ( CVT trans ). Out the door price $15,200 ( includes tax/title/plates ). I have read on the Mirage forum ...