RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Unusual events

Always on the hunt for the unusual to work into our itinerary of our trips. A blugrass festival is never to be missed but we also like motorsports. Not NASCAR. The local dirt track is always good entertainment no matter the class. Always looking for ...

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Average monthly KWH?

What's the average monthly electrical usage I can expect in a 19 foot travel trailer when plugged into 30 amp shore power? I'm pretty frugal, will be running led lights, a 24 inch tv, laptop, and I'll charge a few things like cell phones and a table...

National database of dump stations

Hello,Just preparing to purchase our first Travel trailer, probably the new Grand Design 2670MK. BUT... I have been doing a lot of reading. There appear to be lots of free and/or cheap places to park your trailer but these free/cheap locations usua...

sneeze and pain in chest

Has anyone sneezed and pulled a muscle in their chest? about two weeks ago, I sneezed and got a very sharp pain in my chest. sneezed again the next night and it was worse. I have a stent in my heart and thought great I have sneezed so hard I moved it...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

shower door frame too low.

Figured Id start coming up with some ideas for my shower. It is in a 2010 Raptor toy hauler. Same type of shower stall as many homes have with the 3 piece glass wall and door. The problem is if I don't pay attention I always hit my head on the piece ...

cold !

Wish we were in Texas, temp is -13.9 here. supposed to have wind chill at -40 tomorrow! BRRR:E

olfarmer by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Splendide 2100XC vent plugged/back flushed

Well, I found out my DW hasn't been getting the water level high enough when doing the "vent flush" on the washing machine.Had to wrestle the thing out of the closet to back flush the vent. Tight spaces are not fun.The flush did it's job. Might have ...

I really like grits but...

A couple of weeks ago we were preparing to launch for our annual snowbird trip to Arizona. While the wife was putting food up in the RV, the lid came off a container instant grits. As the container bounced off the drain board to the floor, grits went...

Electric vs propane

In most of the campground across the southwest, if you are on a weekely or monthly rate your electricity is metered and you pay for useage. As I look at tomorrow's and the next days forecast, the highs are going to be 44 and 45 degrees on Mustang Is...

tire pressure question

Just put Michelen lt tires on my 2013 f150 4x4 cc. Max pressure is 80 psi. E rated.My question is what would be a good pressure to run when not towing or hauling? What do you folks do?Door jamb calls for 35 psi, based on original P rated tires, same ...

Water pump

After 10 days in 109* temps we drained the fresh water tank and headed home (with fresh water tank drain open) Did not know water pump was accidentally turned on and it ran for 7 hours before we discovered it. It still runs but haven't tried to pump...

bob213 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes