cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WiFi Hot Spot

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leaving St. Louis for Tallulah Gorge SP (GA), then onto Fairy Stone SP (VA), Hocking Hills SP (OH) and Mohican SP (OH) (NDOG) and then eventually back home. My question is which hot spot carrier is best for all these locations.
We just returned from a jaunt in southern Missouri with our ATT hot spot and to our surprise ATT cut back on service to that particular area due to lack of use. Pretty bent out of shape over this as it worked last year. Fumed about it for a day or so, but the DW without FaceBook brought out my wrath. Or in other words, I caved in and into the local Wally world for a Verizon hot spot. Now we have both!
Which will best calm the wrath of a woman whom may not be able to reach FaceBook?
Both providers coverage maps are woefully incomplete.
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
23 REPLIES 23

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I have AT&T and it works everywhere even in some pretty remote places.
I use the Apple iPhone and use that as a hot spot.

Just FYI

JimR

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Verizon will work at Tallulah Gorge SP (GA) and there is no extra fee to use Verizon as a hot spot... unlike ATT&T.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I have Verizon and almost never used it on my last trip because the campgrounds had good wifi.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Starting my 3rd year of fulltiming. Been all over the place. Verizon is my choice. It's all you need.

All you need to do is look at the various carrier's coverage maps and all will become clear.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Verizon
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

MrWizard
from calif to indiana and back,,yes in Mo
Verizon worked for me
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Verizon.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It sounds like you're debating which one to take with you? I would take both unless you're thinking of canceling one of them?

I don't have that problem - no Facebook..............

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.