cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winterized.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sadly the camper is winterized, Drained the low points, drained the water heater. Blew out the lines, and poured so pink into the traps.

Also repaired what broke this summer. 1 Rocker switch on a over head light $2.75, and a burned out bulb in the outside light. $1.75. Not too bad.

Will need to fill the propane tanks before next season. And am thinking of replacing all the over head lights with LED. But prolly not. Also thinking of replacing the 2 20lb tanks with 2 30lb tanks.

It's just sad ๐Ÿ˜ž
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers
9 REPLIES 9

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I feel for you all because I too always dreaded the day I had to winterize and realizing my RV'ing was over for another year.

Whenever I get homesick I take a trip down a forum thread about winterizing and quickly get over it! No more winters for me. Greetings from Florida! :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep I know how you feel. We just got back from Paws Kingdom after a week of riding the parkway and seeing all the sights. We ran the a/c in the day and the furnace at night.
I am washing and winterizing this week. I gave my DW the option of staying home over Thanksgiving or going to Florida. She is set on the usual cooking and having family over. So this was our last trip until next year.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not yet, see if i can only winterize about three times this year.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

tankgod82
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I'm lucky. Living in Houston I really don't have to worry about winterizing. Freezing Temps here are measured in hours not days.
TV 2010 Ford Expedition
TT 2007 Spree by K.Z. 320BHS
Wife, 7 y/o daughter, 4 y/o daughter, 1y/o son,

mrkoje
Explorer
Explorer
Water-Bug wrote:
For someone in NC, you give up early. If I were there, I would RV until December. ๐Ÿ™‚

Same here - though I did just blow out the lines today. I'll be going out at least 2 or 3 more times hopefully before it gets too bitter cold. I guess I keep my trailer semi-winterized during this time of the year - just in case of a unusual cold snap.
RAPTOR 300MP
RAM 3500 MEGA CTD 4X4

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Water-Bug wrote:
For someone in NC, you give up early. If I were there, I would RV until December. ๐Ÿ™‚

First. My work schedule won't give me a weekend off until the week before Thanksgiving.
Second. You couldn't know? But, We often start getting snow after Thanksgiving, and in some parts over Thanksgiving. Contrary to what most think. It does start freezing in this part of NC in November. We are looking for frost this Thursday morning.

And besides. If I want to go camping. All I need to do is hookup, and go. I only have $3.50 invested in winterizing. I can do it again for the same. Of course it is too cold to go camping in the mountains. 37F this morning up on the hill. I'm not into camping when the water hose to the TT freezes, and I'm not into sitting in the TT. If I can't be outside. I'd just as soon stay home.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

I'm doing mine this weekend.. Got home Sunday from our last trip of the year.. Hooked up the battery tender , cleaned everything inside.. Just have to blow out the lines and pour my pink stuff down the traps.. Oh , and replace one overhead flourscent light fixture....I hate this time of year !! :(:(
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer

edsland
Explorer
Explorer
Living in Illinois I feel your pain, our tt was winterized a week ago. Hurry up rv show, and spring! Lol